Air Cooled 911 Market update.

Rick

Good evening everyone ...

Having just returned from three weeks at the lake, I spent last night and today catching up on unread mail and publication editions that arrived while we were away.

You may find it interesting to learn that the "air cooled" 911 auction market values continue to rise.

According to an update published in the Hagerty Insurance quarterly ... three series of 911's have increased in value over the last eighteen months.

1974 - 1977 series - selling values up 38% - the number of these cars rolling across the auction blocks is up 112%

1984 - 1989 series - selling values up 9% - the number of these cars rolling across the auction blocks is up 81%

1990 - 1994 series - selling values up 20% - the number of these cars rolling across the auction blocks is up 110%

So, if you own one or several cars from these era's, congratulations your investment is increasing at a better pace than leaving your hard earned money in the bank.

If, you are looking to purchase a car from these series, be prepared to pay more for it!

br

Rick Barnes

Yes Hagerty Insurance double the guarantee replace value of my car this year.

Important to note that generally you as the insuree need to drive any changes needed on the agreed replacement values of your car. For Hagerty, my experience is that it's as simple as a phone call. If you're on some of the other vintage insurance programs with valuations based on formal appraisals, you might have to get a new appraisal (yes, ~$350, but worth it if the worst happens). If you haven't looked at your air cooled insurance valuations in a while, probably a prudent thing to do...

Edited by unreal6
Nostrathomas

On one hand, I'm really glad that I bought my 964 when I did. On the other, the prices being asked for air cooled 911's these days seem a little insane to me, and it's kind of a shame to see these cars being priced out of the reach of most people. Probably lots of would-be enthusiasts are now on the sidelines.

Buy those 944's and 914's while you can!

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

I'm very sensitive to the unaffordability plight of the 911 enthusiast. So as to not be part of the problem, I made sure I sold my early 912 about 12 months prior to the big price run up. So, although no one knows if or when 914 or 944 prices might dramatically escalate, keep an eye on the WRR for sale forums for clues. The biggest will be if you ever see me sell either of mine, start the clock... That huge bump will definitely happen about a year after. :(
mrdunlop944

Thanks Ian, I'll be watching for that 951 sale...ill be sure to list mine 12 months after yours.

eBay has a few early 944 for 15-25K USD in concourse condition. A good 951 like yours I'm seeing prices from 18-30. It's starting....hang in there don't sell yet...

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Unfortunately for the 951 market, I'm enjoying driving mine too much to get rid of it just yet - so real 944/T inflation is obviously still a ways away.

Oh and Mike, if you're interested, I can PM you a list of stocks you shouldn't buy also.

Edited by unreal6
KMR 968 Turbo
Unfortunately for the 951 market, I'm enjoying driving mine too much to get rid of it just yet - so real 944/T inflation is obviously still a ways away.

Oh and Mike, if you're interested, I can PM you a list of stocks you shouldn't buy also.

I agree with Ian. I just turned away $60k USD for my 968. Obviously I thought that was too much and am waiting for demand to drop so that I can sell for a much more reasonable price.

The nice thing about my Boxster is I don't have to worry about all these ups and down of the market! I just drive it and enjoy it.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5