2010 DE Track Day Recap

Guest SteveA

I want to thank Scott and all the other DE instructors as well as the track marshals and first aid responders ... oh and thank my fellow DE track rats for the fantastic 2010 DE Track Day season. I know I got great value for my $$$ this year. I learned a lot about car control and I went through two sets of tires, had to replace my front brakes and replace a broken drive belt. Oh and consumed untold sums of dino juice and oil. But it was all worth it. There is just no way we can drive our cars on the public roads the way they can be driven at Race City Speedway. Here is hoping 2011 can be just as good, but I don't want to think about what I will do in 2012, it is too depressing if there will NOT be a track to play on.

Anyway, hats off to a fantastic season in 2010.

Brodie and I went to track day many months ago just to see what it's like. We intended to visit for 1/2 hour and stayed for 5 hours! We never tracked our car due to "new car syndrome" but we met so many people that we wouldn't meet otherwise - it was a pleasure to show up to DE days just to hang out. The track people were so much fun to talk to, lots of fun to watch and of course, fun to ride with!

I can't wait until next year, hope to see you guys at a meeting sometime in the fall/winter so we can catch up!

I want to thank Scott and all the other DE instructors as well as the track marshals and first aid responders ... oh and thank my fellow DE track rats for the fantastic 2010 DE Track Day season. I know I got great value for my $$$ this year. I learned a lot about car control and I went through two sets of tires, had to replace my front brakes and replace a broken drive belt. Oh and consumed untold sums of dino juice and oil. But it was all worth it. There is just no way we can drive our cars on the public roads the way they can be driven at Race City Speedway. Here is hoping 2011 can be just as good, but I don't want to think about what I will do in 2012, it is too depressing if there will NOT be a track to play on.

Anyway, hats off to a fantastic season in 2010.

Exactly what Steve said. Except I only went through one set of tires.

Great year and thanks to Scott and the team of instructors, marshals and SJA First Aid (thankfully no-one needed their assistance).

I look forward to 2011's season.

John

I went through two sets of tires because I was doing PCA events, Allen Berg events and some events through Jay Pringle. I still have an Alen Berg event scheduled later this month, so my season is not quite over yet. :D