Green Line LRT Consultation

ErikA

Anyone that drives downtown on a regular basis (or who has an opinion) should answer the City's consultation on the LRT expansion into the Beltline. Let's keep those 1-way streets flowing traffic! There have been many movements afoot as of late to choke the flow of traffic downtown in connection with the ever-raging "War on Cars".

http://engage.calgary.ca/greenline/beltline

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Nostrathomas

Perhaps not a popular opinion in a forum like this, but as much as I like driving, I'd much rather have a vibrant inner-city than one that places cars ahead of everything else just to save some people 2 minutes in their commute.

The emergence of of a thriving inner city is one of the best things to happen to Calgary in a long time, and I really hope we continue working on making it a more pedestrian/transit/bike friendly environment. If that makes commuting in a car a tad longer (an activity which already sucks no matter what), I'm ok with the trade-off.

Besides, the more LRT lines we build, the more people we take off the roads, leaving drivers with more space. It's also a good reason to support the Tunnel options!

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

That's obviously a valid opinion (though it differs from mine) - make it known on the City's website!

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Nostrathomas
That's obviously a valid opinion (though it differs from mine) - make it known on the City's website!

Oh I definitely have (actually before this thread popped up, as city issues/development are an interest of mine). Even if we disagree, I think it's great for everyone to be involved in the future of their communities, and for the City to hear the voices of their citizens.

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)