Doppelkupplungsgetriebe only???

unreal6

Just read an article about the upcoming Oct unveiling of the new 911 Speedster. What's not to like? Two seater with double bubble tonneau, cut down windshield, sexy wide body, uprated 408 HP 3.8L, 190 MPH, only 236 copies to be built.

But what's with my favourite car company offering ONLY the PDK trans in this beast??? I guess it answers my question above.

Awwww but they do make people learn on standards still Fritz.

I made my daughter learn on a standard through AMA this summer (if you can call it that) and perhaps I should phone her to see if she will talk to me yet. Although it was a learning curve for her, and yes she did stall many many times, she did great!! I also let her drive the 911, she had a blast.

• 5 years later...

Good evening ...

Had to search quite a ways back through our archive to find this thread ... but was moved to revive it by a credo I found attached to a T-shirt I just purchased.

I can't take credit for composing it ... but it merits being posted here for others to discover and embrace.

Verbatim ...

"We are the quardians of a dying art. The purveyors of a craft born of necessity, but beloved for its spirit. We travel with purpose regardless of our destination. Every corner an opportunity for the perfect downshift, every stop light a new starting line.

We find joy in those fleeting moments between ratios; the crescendo of rpm, the gentle click of the gate, the building inertia in our chest as the driveline becomes whole again. We are the masters of our machines.

We are ... The Manual Gearbox Preservation Society!"

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Barnsey :cool:

Edited by Rick

thx for posting Rick; Im sipping my morning coffee reminiscing of winding up through the gearbox with the engine singing.

cheers........M :)

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Rick,

This sounded like a quote from the Porsche Bible, strong choice of words. TMGPS forever.......

Mike

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold