Fuchs

coldstorageunit

coldstorageunit

I've been looking for a set of Fuchs for my project car, which currently has the cookie cutter wheels on it.

These just popped up on Kijiji today. Any thoughts on if this is a reasonable price/deal?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?utm_medium=email&adId=1222781951&siteLocale=en_CA&utm_campaign=email_alerts&utm_source=alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email_alerts&utm_source=alerts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice wheels, to narrow for my liking there only 6" wide. I guess that all depends on what Pcar they are to fit on and what looks your trying to achieve. I would imagine your trying to keep things as factory as possible?

The 16x6 is a sought after wheel size for people lookin to custom build a wider, bigger, deep dish FUCH. The original barrel gets machined off leaving the FUCH centres. The FUCH centers then gets welded into a new barrel. 17-18" with your desired offset.

I do believe Lindsay Racing is the company that is doing this work. Check them out.

There are also many Forged aftermarket FUCH wheel makers that can supply you with custom offsets and larger sizes.

17-19"

*IOZZIO Wheels* I used these guys when I built my FUCHS wheels 17X8F/10R absolutely love how they turned out

Braid wheels

FuchsfelgeUSA

Etc......

Best of luck....hope this was somewhat helpful.

Mike

Edited by mrdunlop944

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Other points to consider are how much rubber you want to have on the road given your power/handling goals. My car has 16x7 and 8 inch Fuchs which look great and give a ton of grip. But there's a huge amount of steering effort at low speed with no power steering, and the car doesn't feel very lively on low speed 2nd and 3rd gear corners. Then again, as speeds increase, it's great having the confidence of extra grip.

I read an evo review that compared all generations of aircooled 911s, and they really praised a mid-year car on cookie cutters for being a very engaging low-grip driving experience, when compared to a 3.2 Carerra on wide Fuchs!

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

coldstorageunit

Interesting, thanks for that Erik! I wasn't thinking along those lines. I may hold off and see how I like my cookie cutters first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk