2017 Driving Events

Yvette

Hi Everyone - An update from your friendly neighborhood 2017 Driving Events Chair.....

I am in the planning phase for the 2017 driving events and am looking for anyone interested in volunteering to lead a drive or even help out with a drive. Also if you have ideas for a destination please let me know.

Feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message, I will also be at the meeting this week.

Thanks and looking forward to a great season!!

Yvette

Hi Yvette ...

You can count on me to lead a drive (or two) this season.

I'll be easy to spot (and keep up with :rolleyes: ) in the

"signal orange" 914 I'll be enjoying this year!

sincerely;

Rick :cool:

Edited by Rick

Yvette, I can help lead a drive this season. I"d like to do an early morning drive along 1A to Lake Louise and then onward to the Columbia Icefields, returning via Hwy 11 and 22. It would be an all day event. Likely would involve a bring your own picnic lunch to have somewhere near the Icefields.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Drove my kids to Jasper camp last summer up 93 and loosened my fillings in a softly sprung minivan due to frost heaves, cracked and rough pavement . Thought a great road for the TT otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wifey remembers occasionally bumpy to Saskatchewan crossing then becoming much worse continuing north on 93

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've been doing some work to the south end of the road for the last couple of years - adding passing lanes and the like. I liketo do this drive leaving Calgary around 5 am - only way to get out ahead of the Brewster buses, RVs and cyclists!

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

I think this is a really good drive idea, Kev. Also think a traffic-beating earlier departure is a good idea too -- big drive so will provide a longer day for stops etc. .. I went up and down 93 a couple of times last year, definitely some bad spots but I'd say generally manageable/dodgable.
Hi Everyone - An update from your friendly neighborhood 2017 Driving Events Chair.....

I am in the planning phase for the 2017 driving events and am looking for anyone interested in volunteering to lead a drive or even help out with a drive. Also if you have ideas for a destination please let me know.

Feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message, I will also be at the meeting this week.

Thanks and looking forward to a great season!!

Yvette

Touring only, or Driver's Education as well?

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Touring only, or Driver's Education as well?

As someone in need of instruction, I would really like to see some DE events. Recognizing, of course, the dearth of local venues.

Not a knock against touring however - I enjoy those drives as well!

Edited by ErikA

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Yvette, just thought you should know that the Royal Oak Second Cup closed down over the winter so we will need an alternate NW meeting location.

If I may humbly suggest there is a Starbucks just on the east side of the road of the Second Cup on Country Hills (8750 Country Hills Blvd NW) with at least the same amount of parking & there is also a Starbucks in the Beacon Hill shopping complex (11646 Sarcee Trail NW) that will have ample parking that early in the morning.

Hi Yoon

thanks for letting me know, I know both of these locations and will check them out in terms of how they fit with drives scheduled to depart from the north.

yw