Porsche Classic radio

cosmos

mrdunlop944
Will come in handy on those road trips. Nice upgrade..

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Nostrathomas
How are you finding it? I've been kind of humming and hawing about getting one...but can't seem to get over the price point.

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

Keith Adams

Thomas - another option if you just want a "new" radio that has a more vintage look to it, but don't necessarily need all the navigation jazz are Continental radios which can fit the bill depending on your tastes:

http://www.continental-automotive.com/www/automotive_de_en/themes/commercial_vehicles/ch_interior_en/audio_products/radio_products/

These are also sold under the VDO brand with blue LEDs. Prices are very reasonable

http://www.egauges.com/12-Volt-Radios-s/33233.htm

Loc, wow very nice looking radio and the radio knobs are perfect! Keith, didn't know about the Conti radios, I might have gone that route but I managed to snag a period correct Blaupunkt from ebay. The old radio is fully functional, but I hardly use it.

Marc

88 Carrera 3.2

Nostrathomas
Keith, really appreciate the recommendation, that Conti head unit looks like a really nice fit. I definitely don't need the nav (especially since I hear the small screen is somewhat hard to see anyway), and the price is right too. Is there a local source to buy them by any chance?

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

Been using this unit for the last two days this is what I found:

- The screen is small, the Nuvi or Garmin Nav console is may be a better option.

- The Handsfree phone is nice, but most aftermarket head comes with one anyway.

- Bottom line, is it worth it ? NO, except just like Perci said, it means to be there.

-Very annoyed and Un-Porsche like its keep telling me I am exceeding the speed limit, the map is getting speed Data from the GPS!

Pro:

This is a OEM product, looks nice ,works as advertised.

2018 991.2 GTS

2018 Cayenne

1989 Carrera 3.2

Looks great Loc - like you say, like it belongs there.

The option I went with was the factory radio delete plate (part no. 911-552-463-02-70B) plus an Out Of Sight Audio hidden Bluetooth unit under the dash. Available here: http://www.outofsightaudio.com/

image1-L.jpg

I'm pleased with the results. The only issue I have is that I'm only running the rear parcel shelf speakers, which don't produce great sound quality in the stock enclosures.

I should mention that this unit can be used on its own or with a stock/aftermarket head unit to add Bluetooth capability.

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon