Interested in AutoX (Autocross) in Calgary this Summer 2017?

KevinJ

I'm in the process of looking into an autoX event for our members.

If you are interested in partaking in an auto event for PCA members that would be held in Calgary can you reply with your level of interest please? Yes would definitely go, strongly interested, medium interested, mildly interested.

Nothing is official at this point but I'm looking a location and group that will help host it for us. The levels of interest are needed for planning.

Thanks.

Kevin Johnston

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Medium interest, depending on timing.

Auto cross does not require any skill [emoji6]and as long as you don't miss a shift, not really hard on the call. Often you don't need to shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

is it a points system for the championship?

very interested if timing works out; July, Aug., and Nov are booked :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

For those not familiar with AutoX here is a blurb from the Calgary Sports Car Club describing it...

AutoX orAutoslalom is a terrific sport for any car enthusiast. AutoX also known as Solo 2 or autocross, is a timed competition that pits car and driver against the clock on a mini-road course laid out with pylons, designed by club members. It is a non-wheel-to-wheel event that sends cars out one at a time, and emphasizes driver skill and precise car control. Courses vary from event to event, and emphasize both skill and safety. A typical course may be 1 to 1.5km, feature 25-35 changes of direction, and take 45-55 adrenline-filled seconds to complete, with speeds varying from 30 to as high as 100kph.

Autoslalom is the ideal place for both novice drivers wanting to develop their skills and learn more about their car’s handling, as well as for experienced and competitive drivers who wish to push themselves and their cars to their limits. Cars are grouped into classes based on specifications and level of modification – which can run from completely stock sedans and coupes to full race cars.

Minimal Equipment:

Equipment requirements are minimal: you need to bring yourself, and your car, in good mechanical condition and able to pass a basic technical inspection done at the event. A helmet is required, conforming to at least Snell M2000 specification (most motorcycle helmets are fine).

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Leslie and I would definitely go. Kevin and I observed an SASC autocross event this past weekend. Stay tuned for more information as the club gauges level of interest, dates and tailoring a format specifically for our club.

Marc

88 Carrera 3.2

Also very interested in any sort of performance driving events. Available instruction would also be welcome and appreciated :)

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Nostrathomas
Pretty interested, but I've never been to one before either so I'm hoping it could be somewhat accommodating to newbies.

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

Pretty interested, but I've never been to one before either so I'm hoping it could be somewhat accommodating to newbies.

Our intent is a have a classroom session for newbies one night the week prior and have few instructors at the event(s). Details will follow later once we see there is enough interest and the Executive give us permission.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI, we are still working on arrangements for this. Likely one day in August and another in September.

Cheers.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5