Kudos to Greg @ IPD & Rob @ Tunerworks

dragon

Hi all,

Customer service in the aftermarket car parts industry can vary immensely as many of you are already well aware.

I felt compelled to share my very recent positive experiences, especially after the circus show revolving around my suspension upgrade from last year lol.

As some of you know I lost an exhaust tip a couple weeks back. BTW a brand new replacement exhaust tip (just 1) from the dealership was just shy of $700 & this was including the club discount. Even Derek was shaking his head lol.

I looked for some used tips online but even those were more than what I was hoping to spend.

Checked in with Rob @ tunerworks & he said he may have a set of used tips laying around.

He did indeed & it was a great price.

He also informed me that he had a killer deal on a gently used IPD plenum.

I wasn't planning to get the plenum for at least a year or two but it was an offer I couldn't refuse lol.

BTW - He has a great deal on a tubi exhaust system for a 997.1tt if anyone is interested.

The plenum was used so it needed a check valve. I sent an email to IPD through their website enquiring about a check valve. Greg from ipd emailed me back the same day & asked for my address so he could ship me a new check valve & some extra o-rings free of charge! He didn't even ask me to cover the shipping charges. UPS is scheduled to deliver those to me on Wednesday. Big thumbs up to IPD & tunerworks!

^^^ thanks for sharing Yoon........its always good to know who really appreciate our business and go out of their way to help.

I ordered a new RMS (rear main seal) from my favourite 928 supplier to be told there are some issues with some manufacturers (perhaps why my seal is leaking?) and if I could wait they would ship the preferred Elring seal when they got stock. This was discovered through an engine builder in California who runs his rebuilt engines on an engine stand to ensure full reliability. The communication was all public through Rennlist........the power of DIY :)

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)