Acid dipping

ErikA

Not acid tripping - having a car body dipped is what I'm after. To remove paint, bondo, and rust. I can't seem to find a shop with a web presence in the Calgary area so any suggestions would be appreciated. Particularly if someone has experience with having this done and can give a recommendation.

And before you recommend "don't do it, you might not have any car left," that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Much appreciated! :cool:

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

There was or still is a Galvanizing company in town, which has a tank large enough to do it. i used that company 12 years ago for my Nash Metropolitan. Never would do it again. You cant get the acid out of the pinch seams and i keeps eating away.

go to Consolitated Compressor and sand blast the car. It's a do it your self process. Ken Mc Donald uses this company and is very happy. I my self sandblasted my 912 and my 911 at this company.

Thanks for the feedback, Fritz. Was the Nash recoverable or a total write-off?

I understand the correct procedure involves tanking the car in a caustic soda solution following the acid, to neutralize any remaining acid.

Edited by ErikA

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

I had to replace quite a few pinch welds, but it kept on showing rust on some pinch welds. I finally sold the car. New owner did not care as long as he could use it for his 50 th dinner delivery car.
Thanks for the tip on the heater hose Fritz, and for the input on acid dipping!

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50