Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Autocross - August 26 and September 23

Autocross is back!

We will be holding two Autocross events at the old Park and Jet Parking Lot north of the Calgary Airport.
    Dates are August 26 and September 23, (rain or shine).

Most Autocross events have up to 80 cars and participants usually get 4 runs.
    Looks like this event will have between 20 and 30 cars, so you'll get the opportunity to get many more runs!

We need a minimum of 20 cars to make this a go and currently have 14 RSVP's.
    If you planning on going, please RSVP and email Kevin (kevinrs60@gmail.com)

For anyone who is the least bit hesitant about trying Autocross, please don't be! I just did my first one in Spokane and it's very addictive. My only regret was not getting more runs in, & this event looks to remedy that.

Autocross is a safe event, in a controlled environment. It will not damage your car, and you will gain an even greater awareness of what these incredible machines can do when pushed beyond daily driving conditions.

Let's make this event a go!

Spokane was my first ever autocross as well & I wholeheartedly agree with all Al's comments.

if we don't get 20 participants, I'm okay with paying a bit more to still have the event go ahead which would mean even more runs!

Thanks guys, been waiting so long for this. Looking forward to see what the new Damptronics can do for the Cayman

Bob James
    Bob James

79 - 911 SC Sold

06 Cayman S
    2010 Panamera Turbo

I'm excited about the autocross event tomorrow! I've been itching for something like this for so long. Earlier this year I put all new damptronics on my 911 and I have a shiny new helmet too.

Thanks in advance to Kevin, Mark and Kyle for organizing!!!

Autocross

Many MANY thanks to Kevin Johnston, Marc Schroeder, Kyle Ho, and all the other instructors and volunteers for a fun and well organized day at the autocross .... 37.805 second pass -- yeah baby!

Videos https://www.facebook.com/markbecker9...03229153062570
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mbeckergt3; 08-26-2017 at 07:30 PM.
    991.2 TT, Jet Black Metallic
    991.1 GT3, GT Silver

Past: 991.1 Targa 4S, 987.1 Boxster S, 986 Boxster

I second that, Mark It was a great day. Sign up now for September! Going fast!
    Sheila Allan and Mark Oliver

2012 911 C4S

A big thank you to all involved in organising and hosting the event...

Here are a few pics of the festivities. Sadly I couldn't capture any wheels in the air, (but that Subaru sure tried!)...

Al
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                    

Some great pictures there, Al. And some great lines by the cones.
    Sheila Allan and Mark Oliver

2012 911 C4S

Thank you Mark...it's funny I didn't notice the lines until I downloaded the pics, they definitely add to the shots...(and thanks once again for kindly lending that jacket!!)

Al