Autocross - August 26 and September 23

Brodie

Autocross is back!

We will be holding two Autocross events at the old Park and Jet Parking Lot north of the Calgary Airport.

Dates are August 26 and September 23, (rain or shine).

autocross.jpg

Most Autocross events have up to 80 cars and participants usually get 4 runs.

Looks like this event will have between 20 and 30 cars, so you'll get the opportunity to get many more runs!

We need a minimum of 20 cars to make this a go and currently have 14 RSVP's.

If you planning on going, please RSVP and email Kevin (kevinrs60@gmail.com)

For anyone who is the least bit hesitant about trying Autocross, please don't be! I just did my first one in Spokane and it's very addictive. My only regret was not getting more runs in, & this event looks to remedy that.

Autocross is a safe event, in a controlled environment. It will not damage your car, and you will gain an even greater awareness of what these incredible machines can do when pushed beyond daily driving conditions.

Let's make this event a go!

Spokane was my first ever autocross as well & I wholeheartedly agree with all Al's comments.

if we don't get 20 participants, I'm okay with paying a bit more to still have the event go ahead which would mean even more runs!

Thanks guys, been waiting so long for this. Looking forward to see what the new Damptronics can do for the Cayman

Bob James

Bob James

06 Cayman S

2018 Macan GTS

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited about the autocross event tomorrow! I've been itching for something like this for so long. Earlier this year I put all new damptronics on my 911 and I have a shiny new helmet too.

Thanks in advance to Kevin, Mark and Kyle for organizing!!!

05 911 C2S (997.1) in black with PCCB

A big thank you to all involved in organising and hosting the event...

Here are a few pics of the festivities. Sadly I couldn't capture any wheels in the air, (but that Subaru sure tried!)...

Al

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

Thank you Mark...it's funny I didn't notice the lines until I downloaded the pics, they definitely add to the shots...(and thanks once again for kindly lending that jacket!!)

Al

That was such a fun day!!! I was super impressed with the event, thank-you again to the organizers! Great chatting with everyone too. I'll come to the next one in September too and bring some friends who haven't come out to any PCA events before.

My best time was 39.6, on the second set of runs. I tried all day to crack 40 seconds and finally did it on one lap. Still so much to learn though!

Kelly

05 911 C2S (997.1) in black with PCCB

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

That was one of the best, planned, organized, instructed, and fun autocrosses I have ever done.

Great to finally see what the Cayman can do, and especially with the new suspension.

i had such a blast and found out "moneypenny" is far more capable than I thought.

I would sure love to get those pictures of the Cayman full sized :)

Here a video I took, felt a lot faster in the car than it looks

Bob James

06 Cayman S

2018 Macan GTS

Very nice everyone. Sad to miss this, even as a spectator.

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

It was an awesome time! I'm sure there was a bunch of us who would have liked to turn the lights on & continue running far into the night!

Thank you again to Kyle, Kevin, Marc & all the instructors & volunteers.

Great photos & videos!

I love the lean on the cars, showing the drivers really pushing their cars!

I think I actually see some daylight under a few of the tires!

Woohoo, this newbie had an awesome day!!! Thanks to all the club members that attended, and a special thanks to Kevin and the Solo Association instructors (Kyle Ho, Chris Sun, Richard Bonham, Paul Trudel, James Callaghan, Rick Bryson and Jay Pringle) and volunteer helpers (Tony Valentic, Phillip Mok and Yoseph Kwok). I hope we can continue to offer this important activity in our club's calendar.

Al - great pictures, love that slalom shot of Brent's Gt3!

Bob - fantastic video, I felt my hands twitching just watching it!

Brodie - thanks for the passenger laps, without me you surely would have saved another 1/2 sec.

Marc

I could not agree more - a big thank you to the Organizers and Instructors for making this such an awesome experience.

Although this was my first Autocross, it was one of the most exciting events I have ever attended.

The conversations between runs was equally as riveting!

Although I spent more time going sideways (and often missing perfectly marked gates) it was fascinating to get a feel of the incredible capability of these magnificent machines. I have a new appreciation.

Wow.

I want to thank all the folks who helped Kyle, Mark and I host Autocross on August 26! Kyle was outstanding collecting instructors who could help everyone develop their driving skills over the course of the day. I hope it met your expectations.

Our next autocross will be Saturday September 23. Please sign up early as we already have 15 people signed up! Registration will close at noon the Friday prior.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Group shot! Instructors in front of cars, participants behind.

Photo has been emailed out to participants and instructors. If you did not get a copy please contact me for a copy.

Kevin

WRR Autocross Aug 26 2017 Group Photo.jpg

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

nice picture gents.........one to hang on the wall :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

• 2 weeks later...