Porsche parts order from US

Rick

Hi there ...

I’m planning to order several hard to find parts from Auto Atlanta in Georgia.

If any of you were looking to purchase parts from them as well, let’s connect, combine our orders

and share the shipping costs.

A reply to this post should allow us to connect and coordinate.

cheers!

Rick :cool:

IMO, Don’t do it, worst company going. Have you read any reviews on these guys? Watch out for their ebay account Lionel_Atlanta...brings back horrible memories, not one you want to associate with your Pcar.

Try Rose Passion..I find NOS parts from this supplier.

Best of luck in what ever direction you choose.

Mike

Edited by mrdunlop944

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Hi Brodie ...

I use Porsche Centre Calgary as my first choice whenever I can. I'm looking to purchase a custom front bumper/spoiler for my 71 914 project car. Porsche Centre can't help me with that!

cheers!

Rick

Rick - I'm not too familiar with Auto Atlanta, but they do have a fairly negative reputation. If they are the only supplier of what you're after, I guess you have to roll the dice. With the size of a bumper shipment, you would likely be best off to get it shipped to Sweetgrass and go pick it up yourself.

Some interesting comments....

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=289453&st=160

Hi Brodie ...

I use Porsche Centre Calgary as my first choice whenever I can. I'm looking to purchase a custom front bumper/spoiler for my 71 914 project car. Porsche Centre can't help me with that!

cheers!

Rick

Cool, makes sense.

Looks like Auto Atlanta has allot of mixed reviews on forums.

Searching Google for "Auto Atlanta reviews" yields some good and bad reviews and also an A+ Better Business rating?

Search:

https://www.google.ca/search?client=opera&hs=e4B&dcr=0&q=auto+atlanta+reviews&oq=autoatlanta&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i71k1l4.0.0.0.6409.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.wej-V9Yf0zk

BBB:

https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/auto-dealers-new-cars/auto-atlanta-in-marietta-ga-27020502

PayPal might be a good way to pay, if you have issues at least you can use PayPal as an intermediary.

Brodie

In my understanding, companies pay the BBB for ratings. It's basically a system of extortion where the BBB approaches businesses and says "buy a BBB membership at the A+ tier, or we will give you a negative review." Meanwhile, consumer reviews have no bearing on a BBB rating.

I don't have any pending purchases, but the next time I do big US parts order, I'm driving to Sweetgrass!

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

it really pays to work with a supplier who understands the Porsche marque and the models close to you then your somewhat guaranteed the parts will be correct. Next is getting this same supplier to understand what it takes to have these parts shipped safely, timely and cost effective to Canada.

There are many times when buying from Derek and team at our local dealership makes perfect sense for all points above. Theres a reason why the new clutch friction and pressure plates in my uber rare 928 GTS came through Porsche Calgary :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Hi Mike ..

Thanks for your feedback.

Would like to confirm if we are talking about the same company. I am referring to

this firm ... http://www.autoatlanta.com/

Thanks in advance for confirming.

Rick

yep that’s them Rick...the worst. But I do find myself on their website for part numbers from time to time. I hate doing it thou LOL Edited by mrdunlop944

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Auto Atlanta has been a go-to for the 914 community for many years. I haven't dealt with them for a couple of years now, but used them quite extensively, and my experiences were always positive. George there knows 914's incredibly well, and has commissioned several impossible to find 914 parts as repros.

Wow ... thanks to everyone who shared their experiences and concerns about this vendor.

As Ian pointed out ... Auto Atlanta has become a "go to" supplier for 914's. It is the next stage of 914 project work that is drawing me to them for several special pieces not easily sourced anywhere else. (to my knowledge)

I will proceed with due caution ... and advise all who provided input on the outcome.

sincerely;

Rick Barnes

Edited by Rick