Project 1800HP 997 TT

vr6tee

This was a larger job than anticipated. It took a lot of alterations to make it fit, but the shifter and cables are in! A lot of interior wiring to come, but the fab is complete.

shifter1.jpg

shifter2.jpg

shifter3.jpg

shifter4.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vr6tee

• dragon

• malcolm

• Perci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The air shifter install is done and interior is back together !!! I just have to get a new leather shift boot made. The car is designed so incredibly tight. There is zero tolerance for anything to move or be adjusted. Seemingly small jobs are taking much longer than expected

I wanted to see the intercoolers installed, so I did that too.

Some pics:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

I finished up the rest of the wiring, installed the fuel pump voltage booster and ran all the lines from the frunk to the back of the car. I have removed the ECU as I'm out of I/O and need to add an I/O expander. It's off to the best Syvecs tuner in North America to have some firmware updates and initial setup for the new 12 injectors, tranmission, nitrous and back pressure sensors.

ECU out and ready to send away

ecu.jpg

300M billet axle stubs

stubs.jpg

New turbos !!!

turbos.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... After all my steering wheel mods, I just wasn't happy with the location of the paddles. My hand clearance was not what I wanted so I grabbed a 991 Turbo S wheel and air bag. For the paddles to work, I had to buy a new steering control module and have to rewire the pins to work with my shifter.

wheel.jpg

I also grabbed some new coils and wires. Gone are the days of the E85 killing plugs.

coils.jpg

I believe the VP folks beside the airport can supply E85 or know a friend who......:) Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

The new wheel is in. The PDK wheel is Can based and runs no direct wires. Sometimes seemingly simple tasks are not so simple. I've ordered an OBD shield for a micro controller so I can sniff the can bus to get the paddle codes. Then I'll use the codes on the bus to shift the air shifter.

wheel1.jpg

The new wheel is in. The PDK wheel is Can based and runs no direct wires. Sometimes seemingly simple tasks are not so simple. I've ordered an OBD shield for a micro controller so I can sniff the can bus to get the paddle codes. Then I'll use the codes on the bus to shift the air shifter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5862[/ATTACH]

do you know how much modification of the code will be needed for the air shifter? I take it the controller will accept multiple programming until its dialled in. can it be done on the fly?

I have used a sharktuner for ignition and fi system mapping that records live as you go down the road so the resultant fine tuned map can be uploaded to eproms in the respective ecu.

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Everything on the can bus has an "identifier" and a value. Once I learn the hex values for the up and down shifts, I'll pass them along to the shifter manufacturer. He will listen for those identifiers in the shifter ECU (which is connected to the can bus) and know that an up or down shift has been requested. He's going to build those into a new custom firmware for me. The can bus is a pretty awesome thing, it's just more complicated than running a dedicated wire :)

I'm waiting to get my can bus, engine ECU and harness back from my Syvecs tuner. I sent them off so he can build the harness exactly how he likes it. I'm out of I/O pins and have to add an additional I/O expander to my ECU. This is a complex build and the tuner needs to understand it 100%. Once I get everything back (early January) I'll connect it all to the bus and "hopefully" I can see the shift requests from the 997.2 steering control module.

I'm 99% done my build until my engine returns.

thanks........I was curious if you were building the code yourself; now makes perfect sense.

The Sharktuner I referenced takes the reading out of the equation for me; thankfully!!! I find it fascinating it can read all parameters by going for a lengthy drive with a willing passenger working the laptop who can handle idle to cruise to WFO runs :)

Perhaps, if you dont already have, build in a gear indicator with a shift light aka F1.

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T