Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WRR Committee - Newsletter Editor KevinJ's Avatar

Track Update - Badlands Motorsports Resort

I stole this wording and photo from the Ferrari Southern Alberta Chapter Facebook page...oops

This is the final design of the tracks and facilities at Badlands Motorsports Resort . Two separate tracks, a kart track, and a giant skid pad. Memberships are affordable and you don't need a membership to get on the track if you don't go very often. This is a facility that anyone can enjoy affordably.

They also plan to have an "exotics racing" type of experience if you want to try out different supercars for a few laps.
    The valley track is a real rollercoaster. There is a section that has the same incline as the Laguna Seca corkscrew but it is 50% longer!

Name:  24291790_2211431268882868_5710134387052172398_o.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  281.2 KB
    08 Boxster RS60
    11 Volvo XC70

Name:  front straight.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  105.2 KB

It is true, Badlands Motorsports Park have all their approvals in place and have started their round of investment. I have seen what they are proposing and it looks great. Here is a rendering of cars going down the front straight. They will break ground when the funds are in place and we could be driving on it as soon as late next year. Anyone interested in investing can contact me privately and I will forward your contact information to them.

For those wanting to see our new private website portal with extensive detail on the approved design plans that have all now been fully approved and are ready for construction, you can setup an account here:

Www.bmr2018.com/register.

We approve access manually, so when it says who referred you, put in Porsche Club.

Our plan, unlike other developments was to not take investors money until all approvals were in place as we wanted to de-risk the opportunity to investors. Once funding the s in place to start phase one (the tracks), this can proceed. All the buildings will be later stages pending market demand.

Note that this link can be forwarded to motorsports enthusiests not in the club. But to gain access they would have to state Porsche Club in the referral question to get access approved.
    Last edited by jayz; 12-02-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Awesome! Just signed up.

Thanks!

Kevin
    08 Boxster RS60
    11 Volvo XC70

would like to compete in the vintage class for 'been there done that' racers many years ago!
    '93 928 GTS 5 speed
    Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic
    Nordic Gold/Black, +280k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Special Badlands Motorsports Resort Presentation

On behalf of the Ferrari Club we extend an invitation to everyone in the PCA. Jay Zelazo is on a mission to get us a Calgary area track. He is now ready to make a special presentation to all of us who are interested in using the track. He has gotten the track development to the point where he has his development permit and can start to build. Unlike the presentation in November, this is not about investing in the development. These sessions are for enthusiasts who are interested in all of the different types of track events that are possible and may be interested in being a member. I will tell you that if you have any interest in a membership you need to attend one of these two sessions. There are several levels of memberships and they are great value. You will be pleasantly surprised at the cost for what you get. I think it is a no-brainer.

The FCA has been busy advising Jay and his team and he has decided that there will be a very special discount offered only to those people who put down a modest deposit of around $1000 on the night of the presentation so bring your cheque book just in case. Please feel free to spread the word and bring some guests who may also be interested! This is an insider deal. The incentives once the website goes live in March won't be anywhere as good.

If you and/or your guest(s) do make a deposit you will be asked to name your referrer. Please name "FCA Alberta" or "Ferrari Club" to support the club. There is a referral fee paid to the club.

Two presentations:
    Thursday, February 22, 7-9pm
    Hotel Arts, Room Spectrum 4/5
    119 - 12 Avenue SW, Calgary
    Register here: http://evite.me/P7DqZersjf

and

Wednesday, February 28
    TBA
    Registration will be at a later date
    2005 Carrera GT

Thanks for the post Glen. I would be there but will be out on town on both dates. I will guess you will have large number of people attending.

Kevin
    08 Boxster RS60
    11 Volvo XC70

This is great news!
    I'm strongly interested in a membership but I doubt I'll be able to make the evening presentations :-(

Yoon - I'm going. Send me as your proxy with $1000. I'm always happy to spend someone else's money!!!
    Erik

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke
    2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon