Track Update - Badlands Motorsports Resort

KevinJ

I stole this wording and photo from the Ferrari Southern Alberta Chapter Facebook page...oops

This is the final design of the tracks and facilities at Badlands Motorsports Resort . Two separate tracks, a kart track, and a giant skid pad. Memberships are affordable and you don't need a membership to get on the track if you don't go very often. This is a facility that anyone can enjoy affordably.

They also plan to have an "exotics racing" type of experience if you want to try out different supercars for a few laps.

The valley track is a real rollercoaster. There is a section that has the same incline as the Laguna Seca corkscrew but it is 50% longer!

24291790_2211431268882868_5710134387052172398_o.jpg

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

KMR 968 Turbo

front straight.jpg

It is true, Badlands Motorsports Park have all their approvals in place and have started their round of investment. I have seen what they are proposing and it looks great. Here is a rendering of cars going down the front straight. They will break ground when the funds are in place and we could be driving on it as soon as late next year. Anyone interested in investing can contact me privately and I will forward your contact information to them.

For those wanting to see our new private website portal with extensive detail on the approved design plans that have all now been fully approved and are ready for construction, you can setup an account here:

http://Www.bmr2018.com/register.

We approve access manually, so when it says who referred you, put in Porsche Club.

Our plan, unlike other developments was to not take investors money until all approvals were in place as we wanted to de-risk the opportunity to investors. Once funding the s in place to start phase one (the tracks), this can proceed. All the buildings will be later stages pending market demand.

Note that this link can be forwarded to motorsports enthusiests not in the club. But to gain access they would have to state Porsche Club in the referral question to get access approved.

Edited by jayz
would like to compete in the vintage class for 'been there done that' racers many years ago! :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

• 2 months later...

Special Badlands Motorsports Resort Presentation

On behalf of the Ferrari Club we extend an invitation to everyone in the PCA. Jay Zelazo is on a mission to get us a Calgary area track. He is now ready to make a special presentation to all of us who are interested in using the track. He has gotten the track development to the point where he has his development permit and can start to build. Unlike the presentation in November, this is not about investing in the development. These sessions are for enthusiasts who are interested in all of the different types of track events that are possible and may be interested in being a member. I will tell you that if you have any interest in a membership you need to attend one of these two sessions. There are several levels of memberships and they are great value. You will be pleasantly surprised at the cost for what you get. I think it is a no-brainer.

The FCA has been busy advising Jay and his team and he has decided that there will be a very special discount offered only to those people who put down a modest deposit of around $1000 on the night of the presentation so bring your cheque book just in case. Please feel free to spread the word and bring some guests who may also be interested! This is an insider deal. The incentives once the website goes live in March won't be anywhere as good.

If you and/or your guest(s) do make a deposit you will be asked to name your referrer. Please name "FCA Alberta" or "Ferrari Club" to support the club. There is a referral fee paid to the club.

Two presentations:

Thursday, February 22, 7-9pm

Hotel Arts, Room Spectrum 4/5

119 - 12 Avenue SW, Calgary

Register here: http://evite.me/P7DqZersjf

and

Wednesday, February 28

TBA

Registration will be at a later date

'05 CGT/'14 Turbo/'18 GT2RS

Thanks for the post Glen. I would be there but will be out on town on both dates. I will guess you will have large number of people attending.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Yoon - I'm going. Send me as your proxy with $1000. I'm always happy to spend someone else's money!!! :cool:

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Yoon - I'm going. Send me as your proxy with $1000. I'm always happy to spend someone else's money!!! :cool:

Yoon and Kevin. I can let Jay know if you wish. You need to meet up with Jay on your own to do the paperwork and see the presentation to decide which membership you want. I would do it before March 1.

Edited by CarreraGT

I spoke to Jay. For those of you who can't make either evening Jay will give me a link with the presentation and signup forms so you can make your deposit. It will only be valid for 24hrs after the presentations on Feb 22 and 28. Please send me a DM with your email address if you are in this boat.

Just to clarify, the deposit is just to secure any membership type. We will actually have 4 personal classes and 2 corporate classes of memberships. All the details of each class will be released at the presentation and then later on the website on March 2nd.

But once you have a deposit in you can switch what class you want to have later. We will just ask your preference but it's not set n stone.

Deposits will be made to our lawyers trust account. Personal cheque, interact transfer and credit card can all be used in our online store that opens on the night of the first event.

Deposits are fully refundable at any time before the actual membership contract is done, which will be right before paving of the track.

Looking forward to the presentation. Also, congrats Jay. Must be exciting to be so close after so many years of hard work getting it to this stage.

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

• 3 weeks later...
Me too. If we want a track facility nearby, we need to demonstrate support. What I heard was impressive and affordable, sure like to see it come to life.

Exactly David..........it was always amazing to chat with the owners of Race City Speedway back in the day and the support they required just to keep the lights on let alone make a $$$.

I dont if Id ever race again but to see a local track for a $1k deposit is a small investment.

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

KMR 968 Turbo
Exactly David..........it was always amazing to chat with the owners of Race City Speedway back in the day and the support they required just to keep the lights on let alone make a $$$.

I dont if Id ever race again but to see a local track for a $1k deposit is a small investment.

Don't forget that it's refundable. I put my $1000 down as well. The more of us that put our money where our mouth is the more likely this track will come into being. I for one hope they get it done as it's been too long since we had a track to go to.