Badlands Motorsports Resort becoming a reality?

johnstoy

After almost three years of no updates to their webpage or Facebook page (I thought they had actually given up trying to get approval), Badlands website has been updated and hints that something is going to ba announced on March 1st.

https://badlandsmotorsportsresort.com

Does anyone have any insider information on what the plans are? Will we really have a racetrack reasonably close to Calgary?

I miss the HPDE sessions we used to have at Race City - and Castrol (Edmonton) is just too far away for an evening track session (for me anyway).

Cautiously optimistic...

John

Special Badlands Motorsports Resort Presentation

On behalf of the Ferrari Club we extend an invitation to everyone in the PCA. Jay Zelazo is on a mission to get us a Calgary area track. He is now ready to make a special presentation to all of us who are interested in using the track. He has gotten the track development to the point where he has his development permit and can start to build. Unlike the presentation in November, this is not about investing in the development. These sessions are for enthusiasts who are interested in all of the different types of track events that are possible and may be interested in being a member. I will tell you that if you have any interest in a membership you need to attend one of these two sessions. There are several levels of memberships and they are great value. You will be pleasantly surprised at the cost for what you get. I think it is a no-brainer.

The FCA has been busy advising Jay and his team and he has decided that there will be a very special discount offered only to those people who put down a modest deposit of around $1000 on the night of the presentation so bring your cheque book just in case. Please feel free to spread the word and bring some guests who may also be interested!

If you and/or your guest(s) do make a deposit you will be asked to name your referrer. Please name "FCA Alberta" or "Ferrari Club" to support the club. There is a referral fee paid to the club.

Two presentations:

Thursday, February 22, 7-9pm

Hotel Arts, Room Spectrum 4/5

119 - 12 Avenue SW, Calgary

Register here: http://evite.me/P7DqZersjf

and

Wednesday, February 28

TBA

Registration will be at a later date

'05 CGT/'14 Turbo/'18 GT2RS

After almost three years of no updates to their webpage or Facebook page (I thought they had actually given up trying to get approval), Badlands website has been updated and hints that something is going to ba announced on March 1st.

https://badlandsmotorsportsresort.com

Does anyone have any insider information on what the plans are? Will we really have a racetrack reasonably close to Calgary?

I miss the HPDE sessions we used to have at Race City - and Castrol (Edmonton) is just too far away for an evening track session (for me anyway).

Cautiously optimistic...

John

The reason for the radio silence on their Facebook and website was due to the fact that those channels fed the opposition with too much info and actually set them back an extra year dealing with all the new issues brought up. It is all done now so Jay is starting to disclose in the public again. I will say that membership incentives outside of these two private sessions (above) will be significantly less when it is announced to the general public on March 1. This is the insider deal.

For those of you who can't make either evening Jay will give me a link with the presentation and signup forms so you can make your deposit. It will only be valid for 24hrs after the presentations on Feb 22 and 28. Please send me a DM with your email address if you are in this boat

• 4 months later...

I have been hiding under a rock all these years (some of you might remember me, some won't), but I am looking forward to reengaging with all the former Race City Speedway track rats at Bandlands Motorsports next year. As of a few weeks ago the shovels were still not in the ground, but the track has been approved. They were just waiting for the construction permits.

You just cannot experience what a Porsche is capable of doing on the public roads the way they can be explored on the track. Fun fun.