Join Today
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 1/2 Mile 2018

Still four days out so the forecast could change. But right now it's looking like it will barely get above freezing, cloudy and who knows a wet or snowing tarmac? Not exactly ideal conditions to driving at the limit on cold tires and cold brakes. Thoughts?

I'm gonna go out on a limb & predict it will be rescheduled, possibly for next weekend (hopefully not Sunday though)

I believe based on the poll that the event will be rescheduled for next Saturday. It looks to be MUCH warmer and dry!

Quote Originally Posted by vr6tee View Post
    I believe based on the poll that the event will be rescheduled for next Saturday. It looks to be MUCH warmer and dry!
    I guess I was not aware of this poll you speak of, possibly because several years ago I closed my Facebook account (with no plans of ever opening it up again). Once it is official that the event is postponed, if someone could post a message here in this thread, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

The event has officially been rescheduled for Saturday September 29th. (This Saturday = snow and +5, next Saturday = Sunny and +13). Let's hope it stays this way!

ps. I had the car out on low boost last night. All I can say is "wow". It pulls as hard at 14.3 psi as it did last year @30psi. I'm on straight 91 octane now. Hoping to dyno it next week on E85 before the event.

Sorry to sound like a broken record here, but what is the word on this Saturday. The WX doesn't look very promising ... again. :S

Quote Originally Posted by stevea View Post
    Sorry to sound like a broken record here, but what is the word on this Saturday. The WX doesn't look very promising ... again. :S
    The event has been cancelled. Weather is terrible. We’re still looking to squeeze one more in if the weather shapes up in the next few weeks

Just found out the first 1/2 mile event of 2019 is Sunday, June 9th!
    Looking forward to it!