1/2 Mile 2018

vr6tee

WHAT ?!? --- that avatar has ZERO hair -- I have zero plus 12 strands ... oops 11 now ...

I noticed your avatar James is a super close likeness -- and your BHP rating is similarly representative .. I think your turning that much in one lug nut !

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dragon

• vr6tee

• mbeckergt3

• stevea

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what ?!? --- that avatar has zero hair -- i have zero plus 12 strands ... Oops 11 now ...

I noticed your avatar james is a super close likeness -- and your bhp rating is similarly representative .. I think your turning that much in one lug nut !

lol!

Awesome! Did you finally install a new clutch? :)

Yes, finally bit the bullet & had it installed. Some drama & extra parts involved but all seems good for now.

Yes, finally bit the bullet & had it installed. Some drama & extra parts involved but all seems good for now.

Sachs 764? I hope so, or Proto Twin. Those will both be work well for you.

Yup sachs 764 plate, 4.0disc, aasco lightweight flywheel & guard lsd.

Not planned or budgeted for lol, but had to do the bbi slave conversion, a new master cylinder & beefier clutch pedal spring.

Yup sachs 764 plate, 4.0disc, aasco lightweight flywheel & guard lsd.

Not planned or budgeted for lol, but had to do the bbi slave conversion, a new master cylinder & beefier clutch pedal spring.

Perfect. You're all set for success now :) The "only" other thing you could have done if you were doing the LSD was the CMS diff cover. It's the last piece you could possibly break (not that you should at 650hp).... but "while it's apart"

ah, slipped my mind that I got the diff cover too!

Just gotta check for boost leaks & figure out who to go with for tuning.

I know you had mentioned Dzenno but it sounds like Porsche guys are having a hard time getting a hold of him lately.

did the car not come factory with LSD or is this a 'better' unit? my GTS has PSD that is managed by a seperate system with brake fluid....similar?

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

mrdunlop944
Dragon: figure out who to go with for tuning.

Yoon, Contact Blackbirdts.com these guys are serious gear heads. Marc’s son from Alpine Autowerks “Matt” is his name, he will take care of you. You can find them on Instagram also “blackbirdts”

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

• 1 month later...
Still four days out so the forecast could change. But right now it's looking like it will barely get above freezing, cloudy and who knows a wet or snowing tarmac? Not exactly ideal conditions to driving at the limit on cold tires and cold brakes. Thoughts?
I believe based on the poll that the event will be rescheduled for next Saturday. It looks to be MUCH warmer and dry!

I guess I was not aware of this poll you speak of, possibly because several years ago I closed my Facebook account (with no plans of ever opening it up again). Once it is official that the event is postponed, if someone could post a message here in this thread, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

The event has officially been rescheduled for Saturday September 29th. (This Saturday = snow and +5, next Saturday = Sunny and +13). Let's hope it stays this way!

ps. I had the car out on low boost last night. All I can say is "wow". It pulls as hard at 14.3 psi as it did last year @30psi. I'm on straight 91 octane now. Hoping to dyno it next week on E85 before the event.

Sorry to sound like a broken record here, but what is the word on this Saturday. The WX doesn't look very promising ... again. :S

The event has been cancelled. Weather is terrible. We’re still looking to squeeze one more in if the weather shapes up in the next few weeks

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Just found out the first 1/2 mile event of 2019 is Sunday, June 9th!

Looking forward to it!

Don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I paid for the 1/2 Mile Event last fall which was rightfully cancelled because of bad weather, but no refund was ever issued. Does this mean I am SOL, or can we apply the payment from last fall to this event?

Hey Steve; I believe you can either contact Raz or James or what I did was log on to the 1/2mile site & register for the event & send a note to use my credit from the cancelled event.
  • 2 weeks later...