Join Today
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/2 Mile 2018

Our final event of 2018 has been scheduled for 2018.... September 22nd. The last one was our best yet and expect this one to be even better. My car will be attending with the new setup and i would like to see some other Porsche’s.

Awesome James!
    My car should be sorted out by then lol so I've blocked the day off!

Quote Originally Posted by vr6tee View Post
    Our final event of 2018 has been scheduled for 2018.... September 22nd. The last one was our best yet and expect this one to be even better. My car will be attending with the new setup and i would like to see some other Porsche’s.
    So how do we get in on this event? Is there a website? Motorsportsreg?

Hi Steve ... 'pre-registration' is open http://halfmileevent.com/ -- although I've lost track on how it exactly works the first time. For obvious good reasons folks are reviewed and approved the first time they register. I think 'pre-registration' is for those who have registered and attended before, then it is opened up wider. Also there is a private Facebook page I suggest you send a request into https://www.facebook.com/groups/half...f=group_header , it has all the most current info, links, pics, videos, etc.

See if these links work, fyi - James doesn't check this forum (or his WR PM) super often. I just dropped him a note to add some more information here / links for us Porschepeople. So far 25 people registered (out of typically 50 I think), just James (obviously) and myself registered so far from the club.

M
    Last edited by mbeckergt3; 07-31-2018 at 08:08 AM.
    991.2 TT, Jet Black Metallic
    991.1 GT3, GT Silver

Past: 991.1 Targa 4S, 987.1 Boxster S, 986 Boxster

I created an account on the "halfmileevent.com" website and have registered for the 3rd event, though I am aware that registration does not mean I have been approved at this time.

James reverted back to me and confirmed registration is indeed open. For sure he approves each registration, but I don't think is normally a problem esp. with P club members. He says this one is filling up especially fast this time so suggest all interested members register as soon as possible.

http://halfmileevent.com/

Saturday, September 22

Cost to run is $100 by interact email as part of the reg. process.

Spectators are welcome, no need to register, $15 cash at the entrance (no change or debit card etc. available)

M
    Last edited by mbeckergt3; 07-31-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    991.2 TT, Jet Black Metallic
    991.1 GT3, GT Silver

Past: 991.1 Targa 4S, 987.1 Boxster S, 986 Boxster

Registered, confirmed & paid!
    Clutch seems good (for now), hopefully no tuning issues on the horizon between now & then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Registered, confirmed & paid!
    Clutch seems good (for now), hopefully no tuning issues on the horizon between now & then lol.
    Awesome! Did you finally install a new clutch?

Looks like I am registered, approved, paid and ready to go.

Not sure how to change my avatar on the website, as the one assigned to me does not look like me (the dude is much better looking than I am ... LOL). But it's not a big deal.

I just select a random pic for all Once I've met people I may update their avatars, such as Mark has a little less hair than some.

4 Porsches are registered so far!

I am planning on a killer Nissan GT-R coming down and racing my car. It will be a pretty exciting race to see. He makes 1900 WHP and has ran an 8.2@174MPH 1/4 mile.