Join Today
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1/2 Mile 2018

WHAT ?!? --- that avatar has ZERO hair -- I have zero plus 12 strands ... oops 11 now ...

I noticed your avatar James is a super close likeness -- and your BHP rating is similarly representative .. I think your turning that much in one lug nut !
    991.2 TT, Jet Black Metallic
    991.1 GT3, GT Silver

Past: 991.1 Targa 4S, 987.1 Boxster S, 986 Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckergt3 View Post
    what ?!? --- that avatar has zero hair -- i have zero plus 12 strands ... Oops 11 now ...

I noticed your avatar james is a super close likeness -- and your bhp rating is similarly representative .. I think your turning that much in one lug nut !
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by vr6tee View Post
    Awesome! Did you finally install a new clutch?
    Yes, finally bit the bullet & had it installed. Some drama & extra parts involved but all seems good for now.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Yes, finally bit the bullet & had it installed. Some drama & extra parts involved but all seems good for now.
    Sachs 764? I hope so, or Proto Twin. Those will both be work well for you.

Yup sachs 764 plate, 4.0disc, aasco lightweight flywheel & guard lsd.
    Not planned or budgeted for lol, but had to do the bbi slave conversion, a new master cylinder & beefier clutch pedal spring.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Yup sachs 764 plate, 4.0disc, aasco lightweight flywheel & guard lsd.
    Not planned or budgeted for lol, but had to do the bbi slave conversion, a new master cylinder & beefier clutch pedal spring.
    Perfect. You're all set for success now The "only" other thing you could have done if you were doing the LSD was the CMS diff cover. It's the last piece you could possibly break (not that you should at 650hp).... but "while it's apart"

ah, slipped my mind that I got the diff cover too!

Just gotta check for boost leaks & figure out who to go with for tuning.
    I know you had mentioned Dzenno but it sounds like Porsche guys are having a hard time getting a hold of him lately.

did the car not come factory with LSD or is this a 'better' unit? my GTS has PSD that is managed by a seperate system with brake fluid....similar?
    '93 928 GTS 5 speed
    Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic
    Nordic Gold/Black, +270k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Red/Champange, 110k miles (US car)

My car was optioned with the mechanical "rear diff lock" but the guard lsd is a much better, beefier unit.

[QUOTE] Dragon: figure out who to go with for tuning.

Yoon, Contact Blackbirdts.com these guys are serious gear heads. Marc’s son from Alpine Autowerks “Matt” is his name, he will take care of you. You can find them on Instagram also “blackbirdts”

85 944/1 Guards Red
    88 924S Guards Red
    90 944S2 coupe Zyclam Pearl