Top Posters In This Topic

• dragon

• malcolm

• al k

• anon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you free this Saturday, Malcolm?

I could spare a few hours.......its in the event calendar?

Im an early bird so let me know setup time.

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Rain you say? Who will rise to the top, like Senna @ Donington in 1993?

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

We are running rain or shine!

The rain will definitely make things slower but more fun!

At least no one has to worry about tire wear!

We will begin setting up stuff at the parking lot Friday afternoon.

We will begin setting up stuff at the parking lot Friday afternoon.

cant make it Friday sorry!

btw..........I was at Donnington for the Brit GP, fantastic race track. We sat on the in field and watched them hammer down through Craner Curves and around the Old hairpin :)

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

I just have to decide which turbo to bring....

I'm bringing the 996 TT, Cayman has pilot super sports (better in rain than the turbos tires) and would probably be faster.

The Turbo will be more interesting....

It's important to make sure that you are comfortable in order to get the most out of the event & drive the best you can.

First, you want to make sure that you're alert; so try to get a good night's sleep. (I know for some of us last year, it was almost like a child waiting for Christmas morning so there wasn’t much sleep the night before lol)

Have a healthy breakfast that doesn't unsettle your stomach. Don’t pick the morning of auto-x to try out that new Ethiopian smoothie recipe.

Double-check the weather forecast so you can dress appropriately.

The night before, empty out your trunk, frunk, & passenger cabin. Only pack what you will need for the event, after all, less weight is a good thing! More importantly, you don’t want something to lodge itself behind the brake pedal or come flying off the dash towards your face in the middle of the slalom.

Clean your windshield. A clean windshield ensures that a dirty spot won't catch the sun and interfere with your view at the worst possible moment.

Ensure the Self-Tech Inspection form is filled out & signed.

What do I need with me at the event?

A completed Self-Tech Inspection Form

Your helmet

Suitable driving shoes. No flip-flops! The best are light, narrow-soled, shoes ( soles that don’t stick out past the side of the shoe)

Clothes appropriate for the weather, plus a change of clothes in case the forecast is wrong.

Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen. Rain gear / umbrella if there is rain in the forecast.

A big bag or container to store all your stuff

Something to sit on if you’re not comfortable standing around

Snacks and beverages (NON-ALCOHOLIC!) The club will provide some bottled water.

Once on site, empty all the extraneous items from your trunk, frunk, & passenger cabin. Make sure to hand in your tech inspection form & sign the waiver.

Saved the best piece of advice for last: REMEMBER TO BREATHE & HAVE FUN!

Quick question regarding inspection form. Do i fill this out myself or do I need to get a mechanic to do it? vehicle was just in for yearly maintenance at the dealer that included brake flush, new tires etc, would that work sheet suffice as an inspection?

‘12 Targa 4S - Amythist metallic

'81 SC Targa - sold but not forgotten

Hi Paul:

I'm not sure if Yoon will see this or not as he is about to head out to do course setup this afternoon.

Let me attempt an unofficial answer. It should be filled out by someone with the ability to judge the condition of the vehicle in regards to the topics on the form. It definitely can be a mechanic but I know a few owners who complete the form themselves.

Kevin J

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

I tried to signup and pay today, registration closed 6 days ago. :( I've had this in my calendar for months, but naturally waited until the last minute to register & pay... just in case I couldn't make it. Sounds like it's too late now. My own fault. If there's any way to still register please let me know, or just laugh at my foolishness and have fun without me.
05 911 C2S (997.1) in black with PCCB
^^^ phone Yoon..........have his number?

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

I don’t unfortunately. I was wondering if I can show up tomorrow with my forms filled out and cash or a cheque.
05 911 C2S (997.1) in black with PCCB
I don’t unfortunately. I was wondering if I can show up tomorrow with my forms filled out and cash or a cheque.

I'll send you a PM with his number

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

I’m registered but will not be able to attend so I can sell you my registration. I had discussed this with Brodie.

PM me if you are interested.

For those that came out to Autox today, I thoroughly enjoyed my day with you all.

A special thank you to Yoon for taking over AutoX this year. Great first attempt had herding us.

I enjoy day time in my car today and grabbing a few pics.

Sample below - racing in the rain.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Kevin

DSC_1023.jpg

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

A big thank you to all the participants & volunteers of our 2018 PCA Wild Rose Region’s first Not-An-Autocross Auto-X Event!

The weather did present some challenges but it did not defeat us!!!!

It is the tireless efforts of the volunteers & the enthusiastic participation of the drivers that ensure the success of these events.

Everyone from Mark signalling cars onto the course & Yvette & other drivers flagging cones in the pelting rain,

Yvette bringing a lot of the supplies & Kevin weathering the storm that is known as Costco on a Friday to get the flour to mark the course to Brodie “testing the track & timing gear” for everyone’s safety & Jacqueline for helping with check-in & writing the time slips for all the drivers.

I’m certain a lot of us drivers got our money’s worth in the number of runs & instruction. (yes, even all the volunteers who were driving the course paid our entry fees as well, in case you were wondering)

Our hope was that everyone had fun & came away with a new/more experience & learned something about their cars & themselves.

We’ve already brainstormed improvements for the next event from have the cars facing the other way in the hot grid so you can see the cars waiting at the start line so less creeping forward in the long line, to trying to send out a course map in advance to building some protection & shielding for the timing sensors.

If you have any suggestions for the next event, please feel free to email me.

We’re planning to open up registration for the July 15th event early next week.

Hope to see you all at another event!

PS - Happy Father's Day!

Looks like a great time; I bet the rain made for very tight grips on the steering wheel :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Excellent day, huge amount of fun, thanks to all who made it happen, great group of people to spend the day with.

There were some real wet patches out there at times.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures and video.

I've gone through my photos from Saturday's Not-An-Autocross Auto-X Event. Here are my favourites. A couple of shots I've colour toned. You might like the effect or not.

If your car is shown here and you want a copy of the photo, let me know and I will email it to you. PM me via the forums, don't place your email address here in this thread.

All the best to all.

Kevin

DSC_1244.jpg

DSC_1240.jpg

DSC_1219.jpg

DSC_1221.jpg

DSC_1220.jpg

DSC_1203.jpg

DSC_1197.jpg

DSC_1139.jpg

DSC_1139.jpg

DSC_1122.jpg