Tire rack

tiwilli

I've had one of these for almost 10 years. Good value when on sale!

When I ran out of wall space, I mounted it to a homemade wheel cart to store 3 sets of wheels in my storage locker.

f5d65487115236cf852ebc8727c7c954.jpg

That’s a nice set up Yoon. Trying to get both racks on the same wall. Going to Home Depot to get some 2 x 4‘s for bracing. Not going to be able hit studs with the wall space I have for this second rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a nice set up Yoon. Trying to get both racks on the same wall. Going to Home Depot to get some 2 x 4‘s for bracing. Not going to be able hit studs with the wall space I have for this second rack.

I ran into the same issue - had originally bought two but the spacing in the garage was awkward. Another set of tires lives on the shed floor!

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

I have the high weight capacity shelving unit from Costco where you can set variable shelf height so adjusted the lower shelf to the height of the monster 21" Cayenne wheels and tyres and all 'spares' fit there easily. The draw back of this configuration is the shelving unit does consume the all so precious garage space :)

https://www.costco.com/Edsal-Storage-Racks-With-12-Stackable-Bins.product.100399157.html

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

I put the 2x4’s up today. I screwed them into the studs. I put the rack up and put tires on rack. It’s probably strong enough, but! I’m going down to Home Depots for some lag bolts. I want to be able to do chin ups on that rack ;)

I have the high weight capacity shelving unit from Costco where you can set variable shelf height so adjusted the lower shelf to the height of the monster 21" Cayenne wheels and tyres and all 'spares' fit there easily. The draw back of this configuration is the shelving unit does consume the all so precious garage space :)

https://www.costco.com/Edsal-Storage-Racks-With-12-Stackable-Bins.product.100399157.html

Two car garage. :( have to get them off the ground up high

Two car garage. :( have to get them off the ground up high

Done!

9b8a638f2707c0ba1e154f4242c35ba4.jpg

I had the Canadian Tire one before but I now have to the one below from Princess Auto. On sale at $80

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/400-lb-adjustable-wall-mount-tire-rack/A-p8286148e

I prefer this one because width is adjustable and stud spacing is not a problem. You just drill new holes in the rail if required.

That would save a lot of hassle finding studs

If you store tires long term, unmounted tires should on their tread and mounted on the sidewall.

Just the messenger with 4 sets of tires and wheels in his garage.[emoji3][emoji848][emoji50]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

If you store tires long term, unmounted tires should on their tread and mounted on the sidewall.

Just the messenger with 4 sets of tires and wheels in his garage.[emoji3][emoji848][emoji50]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The best way to store tires is standing upright – it puts less stress on the tires. If you have to stack your tires, try not to stack them too high. If your tire tower gets too tall, it could topple over and damage the tires.

However, if your tires are mounted on the rims, you should store them stacked, not upright.

• 2 weeks later...