Spring cleaning

If your planning on detailing this weekend don’t forget;

Vacuum cleaner - should be for wet and dry surfaces and should have multiple attachments, preferably a couple for getting into tiny areas.

Variety of rags - include terry cloth towels and thin cotton rags for finer surfaces.

Various sizes of small brushes - try toothbrushes or paintbrushes.

Q-tips and cotton swabs.

Plastic spray bottles.

Canned air.

Upholstery cleaner.

Carpet stain cleaner.

All-purpose cleaner.

Leather cleaner & protector

What am I forgetting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrap microfibre towels around trim tools, a little squeegee & a credit card to get into nooks & crannies.

Lots & lots of microfibre towels, the more towels you use, the less chance of cross-contamination.

Don't use the same towel to wipe down your wheels & your leather seats.

The majority of my towels are color-coded.

I wrap microfibre towels around trim tools, a little squeegee & a credit card to get into nooks & crannies.

Lots & lots of microfibre towels, the more towels you use, the less chance of cross-contamination.

Don't use the same towel to wipe down your wheels & your leather seats.

The majority of my towels are color-coded.

Good tips. Especially the one about using different towels for different parts. What products do you use. I’ve been just buying from Canadian Tire. I usually use mothers products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think engine oil or tire threads can get out of hand, detailing product threads can get just as crazy.

The best advice is the same as with engine oil, pick a product & use it regularly. (just not armourall!)

Back when I was in Saskatoon & severely limited on product availability, I used Mothers & Meguiars exclusively.

After I moved to Calgary & the price of my cars increased, so did the price of the cleaning products lol.

I think I go through more product than the average person but still have a cabinet full of detailing products & waxes & sealants from numerous brands lol.

A lot of stuff I forgot I even bought! You're welcome to try some stuff.

For car shampoos, I use the chemical guys matte wash on the 911 & the truck.

On the other vehicles in the family, I alternate between chemical guys honeydew snow foam, meguiars gold class shampoo, & AutoGlym foaming shampoo.

If I'm stripping off any previous sealants or waxes, then I'll use CarPro IronX Snow Soap & Dawn dish soap before using clay bars.

At the moment, most of my go-to detailing products are from CarPro, Meguiars Detailer Professional line & Griot's Garage.

I get most of my stuff locally from Carzilla.

When I'm in Edmonton, I'll grab a few things from Auto Obsessed.

Some stuff I have to order from places down east: Olde Town Auto Spa & Eshine.

Griots is very good stuff; then again I like Amzoil!!! :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

mrdunlop944

The art and OCD of detailing. This is not a book :D it’s the story of my life haha. I get asked frequently about what products I use on my vehicles. I buy my products from Canadian Tire, I stock up when I see them on sale.

:Meguiars clay bar kit

:Meguiars ultimate paste wax.

:Meguiars ultimate spray wax

:Meguiars rubbing compound.

:Meguiars cleaner wax

:Meguiars ultimate protectant “dash board, rubber trim etc..

:ZEP window cleaner, Commercial grade Home Depot

:Autosol Metal Polish

:color-coded micro fiber towels, each have a specific job.

:Q-tips

No power polisher or buffer, hand applications only and some serious elbow grease is all I use. My 944 doesn’t get dirty, just very dusty as I live in a new home construction community of Legacy. I wash after every drive :o I hear the saying drive it once wax it twice.

Happy detailing everyone.

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Damn, I thought I was the only one who color-coded towels...(it's a sickness)

+1 on Carzilla, an incredible selection on just about everything you could need or want to experiment with...it's like Sephora for car stuff!

I've always been happy with Zymol products, but I also sampled Griot's freebies at Parade and I liked those results as well.

I often wonder if "top shelf" products are any better than budget brands, but just can't bring myself to try them...

Keith Adams
My 944 doesn’t get dirty, just very dusty as I live in a new home construction community of Legacy. I wash after every drive :o I hear the saying drive it once wax it twice.

My 912 still has last year's bugs on it. Can't recall the last time I waxed it. I must restore balance to the universe to offset Mike's OCD.

Agree with everything posted so far. I like both Carzilla and Auto Obsessed. Actually took a run to Edmonton last summer just to go to AO. Only Griots product I’ve tried that I don’t like is their Speed Shine. I use it up as lubricant when claying my wheels since I’m not happy with it on paint. Looking forward to my mental relaxation/ detailing sessions to begin again!