WTB: 964 or 993

joshw

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to purchase either a 964 or 993 coupe. I’m open to either a C2 or C4. I’m willing to travel to find the correct car. If you’re looking to sell or know of a car for sale please let me know. Thanks!

Josh

Edited by joshw

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Nostrathomas
Looking at the reaction on the Instagram feed, that 993 isn't going to last very long!

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

Looking at the reaction on the Instagram feed, that 993 isn't going to last very long!

I agree - the price is very fair, bordering on aggressive and positioned for a quick sale.

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

Nostrathomas

And a quick sale it was.

I've actually been getting the 993 itch lately, and have been hemming and hawing about putting my 964 C2 coupe up for sale in order to scratch it. It is red though, so perhaps not for Josh!

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

I was over at Tunerworks this morning to see that 993, its an awesome car. It got scooped up by a dealer in Victoria last night, so it'll be back on the market at a higher price.

Nostrathomas:

haha, yeah I'm trying to avoid black and red, as I prefer blue, white and grey/silver but there are always exceptions. The 993 last night was black.

Nostrathomas

Of course, definitely wait for the color combo you want... although if you're looking for a 964 C2 coupe, they tend to be rather rare on the market these days, so you have to be patient. Personally my favorite color for the 964 is Slate Grey.

For the 993 it's Arctic Silver or Arena Red for me. Forest Green is quite nice too...but you don't see it very often (although one time I happened to test drive one that turned out to belong to Jarome Iginla of all people).

The one thing I do love about my guards red, that it definitely stands out in the sea of grey that every car is these days. Pops nicely in photos too.

34656622565_a738157545_k (2).jpg

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

You're correct when you say 964's don't come up for sale too often, I've only seen a couple this spring (white one in Vancouver and a red in Ontario).

There is a forest green 993 for sale in Montreal I believe (with reddish interior).

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/porsche/911/lac%20beauport/quebec/5_30668205_20161109160757645/?showcpo=ShowCpo&orup=21_9_24&pc=T2T%202V2&sprx=-1

Thanks for posting an image of your car, it looks well cared for. How long have you owned it, and what kind of mileage does it have?

Keith Adams
Wow, thanks for the link. I knew Singer was eating away at the 964 population but I had no idea they were manufacturing at those numbers.

When I was at Singer's assembly shop in April, they were about #130 on the floor and apparently have orders for another ~200 cars.

Nostrathomas

Thanks for the link. That one photo of all the 964 carcasses in the yard is somewhat disturbing. I have a feeling not all of those were clapped out cars that Singer likes to say they use.

I wonder if we'll eventually see the value of 964 coupes (especially in C2 form) rise beyond the 993 equivalent. I always assumed the 993 would be more valued (and at the moment it still is) but finding a clean 993 is still relatively easy in comparison. The fact that so many 964's were molested, raced, or just neglected due to ugly duckling status, and now being pillaged by the likes of Singer and RWB, definitely can't help their numbers.

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

When I was at Singer's assembly shop in April, they were about #130 on the floor and apparently have orders for another ~200 cars.

Did you order one?

Wow, thanks for the link. I knew Singer was eating away at the 964 population but I had no idea they were manufacturing at those numbers.

Save the 964s!!! Love Singers but they can't ALL get hacked up ... can they?

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

Save the 964s!!! Love Singers but they can't ALL get hacked up ... can they?

I'm trying to save one if you know of one that needs saving... haha

Keith:

What is the actual starting price on those Singers? I've heard 300K USD excluding the donor car, is that true?

Keith Adams

Keith:

What is the actual starting price on those Singers? I've heard 300K USD excluding the donor car, is that true?

$395K USD for a restoration of your car. Most cars are $600+K by the time people are done with options.

600K, that's incredible.

I wonder where the value of those restorations goes overtime, do those modifications stand the test of time or will they slowly depreciate. Kind of reminds me of the Mustang Super Snake (Elenore) trend that emerged after Gone in 60 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I’m looking to purchase either a 964 or 993 coupe. I’m open to either a C2 or C4. I’m willing to travel to find the correct car. If you’re looking to sell or know of a car for sale please let me know. Thanks!

Josh

Hey Josh

I was an active PCA Wildrose member between 2009-2012. I was mainly active with the Race City Speedway crowd though I did attend an event once at Brodie and Danielle's house. Not sure how much they would remember me, but I remember them as I live really close to them on the other side of Country Hills Blvd in Edgemont (assuming they still live in the Hamptons).

Anyway, guess what. I own a silver 1997 Porsche 993C2 Coupe and the reason why I have decided to crawl out from under the rock I have been hiding under all these years was because I recently heard about the news that the Badlands Motorsports race track is supposed to open in the summer of 2019 and I am not so sure I should be tracking my 993 anymore. Because of that I am in the process of buying myself a 2010 997.2 3.8L C2S and the logical side of my brain tells me that I should sell the 993. But of course the emotional side is saying "Are you nuts, don't sell that car, you love driving it" and I will be honest the 993 is so much more engaging to drive than the 997 is. But the 997 will be a nice noticeable performance improvement on the track and hence why I have decided to pull the trigger and buy it.

I am the 3rd owner of the 993. I have owned it since 2009 and I have all the maintenance receipts from the 2nd owner as well as I kept all my receipts. Riegel Tuning just did an inspection on the 993 the other day and with the exception of needing to replace the front struts because one was leaking (I have scheduled a follow up appointment with Riegel to have this work done) and the fact that I might need to look into replacing the rear tires soon, the 993 passed the inspection with no other concerns. The car has never been in an accident (I recently ran a Car Fax report to prove this) and I am also planning on having the car professionally detailed to make sure the paint job is the best that it can possibly be. I cannot say for certain when all the work will be done, but the plan is to get the car into its best possible "It's ready to drive, everything that was needed to be done has been done" shape. So I am going to estimate that in about a month from now the car should be ready to be put on the open market and if you are still in the market by then, I just wanted you to know about my 993 located here in Calgary.

Steve A

Edited by stevea
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ken is selling a beautiful blue 964. It’s on kijij don’t miss this opportunity. Let Ken know Mike Dunlop passed on the info. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1991-porsche-911-carrera-4-964/1460096726?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Oops I didn’t realize this kijiji listing was mentioned above.

Edited by mrdunlop944

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Yilkes!! I had an opportunity to buy an exact replica of this car in Calgary seven years ago for $11,000!! I passed because it needed approx $10,000 in oil leak repairs and other minor work! Honestly looks like the same car I passed on!

....kicking myself hard in the afterthought!