Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 964 or 993

Quote Originally Posted by 9Elfer View Post
    Some food for thought on why 964’s (especially C2’s?) are now as rare as hens teeth: http://flatsixes.com/advise/singer-r...te-964-market/

Marc
    Wow, thanks for the link. I knew Singer was eating away at the 964 population but I had no idea they were manufacturing at those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by joshw View Post
    Wow, thanks for the link. I knew Singer was eating away at the 964 population but I had no idea they were manufacturing at those numbers.
    When I was at Singer's assembly shop in April, they were about #130 on the floor and apparently have orders for another ~200 cars.

Thanks for the link. That one photo of all the 964 carcasses in the yard is somewhat disturbing. I have a feeling not all of those were clapped out cars that Singer likes to say they use.

I wonder if we'll eventually see the value of 964 coupes (especially in C2 form) rise beyond the 993 equivalent. I always assumed the 993 would be more valued (and at the moment it still is) but finding a clean 993 is still relatively easy in comparison. The fact that so many 964's were molested, raced, or just neglected due to ugly duckling status, and now being pillaged by the likes of Singer and RWB, definitely can't help their numbers.
    1990 964 C2 - Guards Red
    2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Adams View Post
    When I was at Singer's assembly shop in April, they were about #130 on the floor and apparently have orders for another ~200 cars.
    Did you order one?

Did you order one?
    Their credit card machine was broken, so it will have to wait until next time, I guess.

Save the 964s!!! Love Singers but they can't ALL get hacked up ... can they?
    Erik

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke
    1970 911E - Bahia Red, mostly rust, and coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by ErikA View Post
    Save the 964s!!! Love Singers but they can't ALL get hacked up ... can they?
    I'm trying to save one if you know of one that needs saving... haha

Keith:
    What is the actual starting price on those Singers? I've heard 300K USD excluding the donor car, is that true?

Keith:
    What is the actual starting price on those Singers? I've heard 300K USD excluding the donor car, is that true?
    $395K USD for a restoration of your car. Most cars are $600+K by the time people are done with options.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Adams View Post
    Most cars are $600+K by the time people are done with options.
    ...looks like the braces for the kids will have to wait...

600K, that's incredible.
    I wonder where the value of those restorations goes overtime, do those modifications stand the test of time or will they slowly depreciate. Kind of reminds me of the Mustang Super Snake (Elenore) trend that emerged after Gone in 60 seconds.