Garage door installers?

unreal6

Does anyone know of a good garage door installer or company they would recommend?

i recently moved to a new (to me) house, and want to install lifts into the garage. The garage has a split internal roof height, so to allow full height access on both sides I need to get rid of the door tracks - so out with the standard sectional overhead door, and in with a roll up door seems the answer. Calgary has lots of options in the traditional spaces, sectional residential doors are all over, and commercial (read industrial looking and very expensive) roll up doors are also available. Not so much on residential roll ups however. I’ve been talking to a company in BC (www.smartgarage.ca) that has nice doors at affordable prices (and can deliver here), but they don’t have an installer in Calgary yet.

I’ve contacted a few installers here, but in 3 weeks I haven’t been able to get someone to actually quote. The bigger companies (with their own door lines) will send someone over, but really only want to sell me one of their ugly commercial doors (at 3-4x the price). The smaller independent installers I’ve contacted so far are just plain flakey - does anyone bother to show up for an appointment anymore?

If someone out there could recommend a reliable/experienced option I could follow up on, please post here or PM me. As an aside, I suspect this could lead to a great long term business opportunity for someone in the installer world looking to build a business backstopped by a unique door offering in this market. There’s got to be someone interested in that...?

hi Ian..........as you may recall I have a car lift in my garage and had to get rid of the traditional garage door opener and tracks.

I went with a new 'torsion' bar opener from Glenmore Overhead Doors. It just so happened they have a guy outside the city who covers the rural towns. He came one morning and was done well before noon including helping pushing my S4 around...........great service and good price.........fully recommend them.

http://www.glenmoredoors.ca/index.php

Let me know if you need further details :)

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Ditto on the torsion bar opener. I had my regular openers replaced with these when I acquired my lift and they have worked great - basically pull the door almost all of the way up to the ceiling and remove the centre pull bar, so vehicle has clearance. As an added bonus, the new openers were the latest security protocol and allowed for remote control/status checking from my phone! :)

P.

• 7 months later...
Here is another option for a garage door installer. Dan is a very professional individual with a personal approach to the business. Let him know where you found this listing and he will take care of you. 937E43DE-36B9-4EC6-B213-BDE19EF50050.jpg

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD