2019 Winter Driving Event - February 24th!

dragon

Hi all,

Sadly with the warm, long driving days of summer behind us I hope you’ve been able to keep yourself preoccupied whether it be with normal winter activities or for the truly afflicted, car projects haha. Some of you are already aware that the parking lot that holds all the driving events in the city is scheduled to suffer the same fate as Race City. With that thought lingering & looming over us, I’m sure there are drivers among us who would gladly run it one more time if given the opportunity. Guess what, it’s a Christmas miracle & your wish has come true!

The Porsche Club will be hosting a Winter Driving Event on Sunday, February 24th!

The event will take place snow, rain or shine! Course layout & the day’s schedule will be somewhat weather-dependant. The goal is for drivers to have fun & learn something all while holding the speeds down to safe level to keep themselves & their vehicles safe.

Don’t fret if your summer toy car is all tucked away. I’m sure there will be some that will pull their car out of storage if they’re not already out all year ‘round. Most will bring their winter daily drivers & that would actually be more valuable for learning.

The registration fee will be $149 as all the projected costs will be the same. We are going to cap registrations to a limit of 20 drivers. That’s 10 less than the summer events & keep in mind our last event sold out so if you snooze, you lose!

Here’s the registration link:

www.motorsportreg.com/events/february-24th-pca-wrr-winter-driving-event-2020-airport-trail-wild-rose-787930

Also attached is the required Self-Tech Inspection Form

WinterEventTechForm022419.pdf

Edited by dragon

Oh it’s on..

love to put the Panamera Turbo thru it’s paces.

waiting on the registration...

And I'm in

Edited by stealthn

Bob James

06 Cayman S

2018 Macan GTS

First post amended with the registration link & self-tech inspection form.

Keep in mind the final registration cap will be 20 drivers. That’s 10 less than the summer events & our last summer event sold out so if you snooze, you lose!

Will the be similar to the event held on Ghost Lake a few years ago where it's more about winter driving education, or more like a winter autocross?

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

• 1 month later...

Less than 8 hours left until registration closes & only a few spots left.

Guaranteed to get lots of seat time!

The format & content of the day is ultimately weather-dependant & based on the experience level of the participants.

Whether I'll be running studded winters or 300 treadwear summers on the car is TBD. However, I'll be there either way.

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

• 3 weeks later...

Only 4 days until the fun!

The forecast for Sunday looks a lot better than it has been the last several weekends!

Anyone wanting to come out & help set up or volunteer in the morning or for the day, please feel free to post here in the thread or contact either Brodie or myself.

hi Yoon..........please provide details to volunteer in morning.

Need to drift the Cayenne to check out the layout :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)