PCA Sim Racing

KevinJ

From the PCA site....

For the first time, Porsche Club of America members can race door-to-door with fellow PCA members in the first officially sanctioned PCA National iRacing.com simulation racing series. This simulated online racing series is exclusively for PCA primary members, co-members, and PCA Juniors in good standing. Registration will open February 1, 2019.

http://www.pcasimracing.org/images/racing1.jpg

The eight-race series is specifically geared toward PCA members with PC-based sim racing experience. The top 60 fastest and safest drivers will have exclusive access to race with fellow PCA members on eight iconic North American race tracks. The top 30 qualifiers for each event will go on to race in a 45-minute live broadcasted event including two commentators, graphical display of the race running order, racers name and even the racers PCA Region logo. The entire series will be professionally hosted and broadcast by Podium eSports, LLC on the iRacing eSports Network. Racers who qualify 31-60 will race in a separate 45-minute race with published results.

The top-three finishers in the championship series will not only have National PCA bragging rights, but amazing awards as well. The Porsche Club of America Sim Racing series has been created to emulate the PCA Club Racing program by racing on the same tracks, in the same cars as the PCA Club Racing GTC7 class.

iRacing is known as one of the top simulated racing series in the industry. If you're not familiar with this online racing technology click on this link to learn more and join the fun.

To get started... please enter your email address and PCA Member ID:

Email address

iRacing Member Number

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Kevin,

Let's give a try. Still, need a lot of work to learn all the track.

One uninterrupted 10-lap Test Session Laguna Seca with the afternoon setting using default weather and no dynamic sky

Must complete 10 consecutive laps within one replay file. One replay submission per member

Spliced together replay files will not be accepted for submission and your 10 lap replay file will be reviewed lap-by-lap

Use any car setup configuration you want

Incidents will be recorded and a combined incident value established

No more than 10 laps

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-20 at 9.01.47 PM.jpg

Please lets me know, we can drive together to learn a track. I don't think can do all the race.

Capture.JPG

Hi Kyle:

I would love to but I am away till mid March.

Will contact you when I'm back.

Cheers and good luck.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
mrdunlop944
This is really interesting, watched it live and would like to participate in something like this. Anyone in the club have a simulator? I’m looking into one after watching this I have the time to practice up...Might needs some sponsors:o

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD