Big Sky Region Driver's Education Event

I don’t think so. As far as I know, motorcycle helmets are certified for single impacts only whereas racing helmets are certified for multiple impacts. I’d recommend getting an SA2015 certified helmet that way you can get at least 10 years use out of it.

Hey Yoon...are you saying people on motorcycles don't bounce? :confused:

Mike, I'm using a SHOEI motorcycle helmet & it's rated Snell-M2010.

The event requires a Snell-M2010 or SA2010 or newer helmet.

I would believe so, all motorcycle helmets with the latest ratings are suitable for m/cycle racing especially SNELL and DOT albeit each sanctioning body may have their own specific rules. Age of helmet becomes a factor as the manufacturers state the materials age and become less protective; pure marketing IMHO.

Neck and harness devices may also be required and a m/cycle helmet wouldnt be equipped to secure a HANS device.

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Haha, I actually just read the event info & confirm Al's statement that yes Snell-M2010 helmets are allowed.

If you are borrowing a helmet, get any that conforms.

If considering purchasing one, get a SA2015 helmet, don't buy new old stock 2010's due to some tracks or events not allowing 2010's in the future once the next certification is released.

I bought my first helmet from rallysport (& like Al's happened to be color-matched to the car hehe)

Then I saw another one on amazon that I hadn't seen locally so I ordered that too.

...you can never have too many helmets, especially when a spouse finds out how much you just spent on tires or upgrades...:cool:

true that, always good policy to have that separate account and never add up P bills :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

To all who went on the trip: I plan on trying to do a write up for Kevin, but I don't have any pictures at all so anyone who would be willing to supply those, it would be appreciated.

The biggest resolution that you have would be best, please send them to me at yllwg8r@gmail.com, thanks.

Al

By the way, thanks to everybody that came to the event.

It was my first track day, and it objectively couldn't have gone any better. I had a blast both on and off the track, and I can't wait for the next one.

Hervé