Le Mans Event and Drive This Saturday June 15

KevinJ

Good Day!

We’ve talked about bringing “Coffee and Cars” to the Meadows Mile, and we plan to be hosting an informal gathering at least a few times this summer, coupled with a drive.

We are starting it this Saturday, June 15th, whilst televising the Le Mans 24 hour race. We’ll open the doors at 6:30am and the race starts at 7:00am.

We WILL have good coffee and French Pastries.

I’m going to lead a group drive to a destination in the Mountains and will gather everybody together at about 9:30am. If you have a park pass – bring it as we may go to the Post Hotel in Lake Louise since the owner has said I can borrow the pub…………..

The route will have a couple of cut-off options if you don’t want to drive the whole tour – so you can be back earlier if you desire.

We should have an excellent turn out of sports cars, most of which will be Porsches, but not exclusively. It’s an enthusiast event and we will be happy to see everybody come out whether it is to watch the race, show off your car and talk to other enthusiasts, or go for a drive.

So, if you can get out of bed early enough – it will be a good start to the Father’s Day weekend!

If you don’t feel like getting up that early, swing by for 9:30am with a full tank of gas and we shall have some fun.

Let me know if you can join us, (so I can prepare the catering) and Highwood pass opens on Saturday as well – might be a great start.

See you soon!

Miles McEwing

New Car Sales Manager

Porsche Centre Calgary

8300 Blackfoot Trail SE

Calgary,Alberta T2J 7E1

(403) 319-0000 main

(403) 385-4582 direct

image001.jpg

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Sounds great but i need to confirm with my alarm clock which usually takes saturday morning off.

Might also want to put this in the calendar?

There will be an e-mail blast out the membership later this evening. Sorry for the short notice!

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Over 60 cars off and running..........if you ever go to Le Mans drive the 'track' before they close the roads as much of the racing is on public roads, just amazing.

https://www.lemans.org/en/24-hours-of-le-mans/live-timing

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

10hrs and 20 mins to go and theres 54 cars still running........wow

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

well done to all the team who competed and finished, a feat itself.

to the winners its incredible that during the 24hrs they kept a pace that for most is just extrodinary.

On a personal note I raced a few 6hr endurance races and that was more than enough :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T