Durametric Diagnostic Tool

Perci

If you have a newer Porsche (964-->) you probably know that much of the diagnostic info for the car is hidden away in the car's computer memory. I was trying to figure out what was causing the ABS warning on my 964C4, and didn't want to constantly pay for computer read-outs (more of a time hassle than money). After searching for alternatives, I bit the bullet for the Durametric tool. I bought the Porsche Enthusiast Plus to get both of the OBD cables for my cars, and 3 serial numbers.

The tool works as advertised, but I need a faster laptop (so it will work on the battery instead of being plugged in). I got more read-outs than I ever wanted, but I solved the ABS issue too. It also performs the 'Bosch Hammer' functions, so I can even bleed the hydraulics if I get ambitious.

I'd give it 4 stars :):):):):( for the DIYer http://www.durametric.com/default.aspx

PS.The Canadian distributor is in Springbank!

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

KMR 968 Turbo

Hi Perci,

I took bought a Durametric tool late last fall from the guys in Springbank. I have the model that will work for all Porsche cars that use OBDII. I used it to datalog my sensors and then sent the data to my tuner in the so that he could ensure everything was good before upgrading the tune. Quite a change from the days of jets and carbs, eh?

• 2 years later...

I realize that this is a pretty old thread but I'm interested in purchasing the Durametric Diagnostic Tool for my 997. According to this thread the Canadian distributor is in Springbank. Does anybody know who it is?

Alex

Alex

1980 911SC Targa "turbo" - Light Blue Metallic

2007 997TT Coupe - black/black and black - now wrapped Gloss Red Metallic

I realize that this is a pretty old thread but I'm interested in purchasing the Durametric Diagnostic Tool for my 997. According to this thread the Canadian distributor is in Springbank. Does anybody know who it is?

Alex

Unfortunately, Alex, it looks like the Canadian distributor has moved to BC. http://www.sensolutions.com/products/browse-products/durametric-software/

On a related note, the Enthusiast cable allows you to read information, but you require the Professional version to SET options. I wish they had an upgrade program.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Perci thanks for the update! I kinda thought they had moved as Sensolutions.com was the only Canadian distributor that was listed on the Durametrics site.

I would like to start servicing my 997 myself and, as it turns out, the Service Interval indicator is now showing up when I start the car. The car has 42K Km on it and does need an oil/filter/air filter service which I was planning on doing before she gets tucked in on the lift for the winter. Can the basic Enthusiast version be used to reset the service interval indicator?

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Alex

Erik, is there any chance that I could borrow it at some time?

Alex

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
KMR 968 Turbo

Hi Alex,

The Durametic has software that runs on a laptop. I need the laptop for work. However, I could meet you sometime and hook it up if you want to read some codes.

Erik that would be great. I'll be performing an oil and filter change shortly and would like to have the service reminder code on my 997 removed.

Alex

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
KMR 968 Turbo
Erik that would be great. I'll be performing an oil and filter change shortly and would like to have the service reminder code on my 997 removed.

Alex

Drop me a line when you need the durametric.

Cheers,

Erik

Thanks Erik! It'll be probably later this month as I'll be out of town next week.

Cheers!

Alex

Alex

• 4 months later...
FYI, the key factor is the cable. You can download and install the software, but the first thing it does is look for the cable. It turns out that Durametric, sort of, has an upgrade deal for group buys (with a group being >1 ), so if anybody would like to form a group, let me know.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

I might be interested Perci.

Alex

Alex

• 1 month later...

Erik, sorry for the delay on this but it looks like I've purchased a pre-owned Enthusiasts Durametric kit off of PelicanParts. It should be here in about a week and hopefully it'll work out on my C4S?!?

Thanks for the offer!

Alex

Alex

Perci, my understanding is that the Enthusiast version allows for up to 3 cars based on VIN#s. The one I've bought has been used on one VIN already so two left for me...what is the cost to upgrade to the Pro version?

Alex

Alex

I'm not sure of the upgrade(their is supposed to be a group rate for upgrades), but if you're like me you will become frustrated with not being able to perform 'sets', instead of just reading.

See how it works for you and then let me know.

I'm on my 3rd VIN already. ;)

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

• 4 months later...
Alex, if 2 or more kits are purchased at once, they will give a 20% discount. Are you still interested in buying one, with me?

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Perci, I already picked up a "used" one off of Pelican.

Alex

Alex

• 1 month later...
Bert Leemburg

Hey Eric,

My 1998 Porsche 993 will not start, the Symbol "I" comes up as well as the "ABS" symbol. I barely got back from the Kananaska Lodge, praying I could make it home…

Any chance of using your Durametric diagnostic tool to find the "Fault", I have a laptop IMAC, I hope that will work?

Let me know asap,

thanks,

Bert Leemburg

(403) 240-4856 e-mail: leemburg@shaw.ca

• 2 months later...

Is this tool the one I require for the Cayenne or do I need a different cable interface?

TIA.........Malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)