Gas

jaymclennan

Hi Jay. We've usually gone by price, as I've been told and read that the ethanol content really varies, even within the same brand. Have used Shell, ARCO, Phillips, Sinclair, all with no problems. I've attached a link which supposedly lists all the ethanol-free stations in Canada and the US. I haven't used the site. There is also a link on their site for a phone app. Interestingly, they list Co-op as being ethanol-free, which I also heard from a club member last week.

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=AB

We've used Gas Buddy extensively as you can specify premium gas. We've seen price differences of 20 to 30 cents per gallon across the street in places. Also, iExit can be useful for all services at highway exits and lists gas prices. However, we have also found that just because regular gas is the cheapest at a particular station, it doesn't mean that premium will be cheapest.

Mark

Edited by scocoa911

Sheila Allan and Mark Oliver

2012 911 C4S

+1 to Mark’s reply, and add to it a Top Tier rated gas. I also look for busy stations which will have better likelyhood of having fresher fuel due to volume.

Depending where you go, smaller towns tend to not have familiar brands so a little research on your route I s a good idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT