Dension Gateway 500?

KevinJ

Has anyone installed a Dension Gateway 500 or perhaps even the newer Dension Gateway Lite in a Porsche with the CDR 24 stereo? Your thoughts, was it worth the expense, how is the sound quality? Did you do the install yourself or use a shop in town for the install?

Thanks.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

My car came with one in it (used car) and the controls are a little quirky - but the convenience of being able to fully operate the ipod from your factory set up is pretty cool. My actual ipod is in the front trunk on my set up.

I'd have to say sound quality is suberb.

Recommend you chat with Larry at Mobile Solutions if nothing else just to hear what options they would recommend and what their cost to install would be. I am a very big fan of their work and their customer service, but you do pay for it.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Rooney and Jim:

I've traded emails with Mobile Solutions and will drop by there soon to review options. They don't carry Dension but have a similar product from MoBridge. Will talk about that as well as replacing the head unit and amp.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kevin

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kevin;

I talked to Mobile solution today about installing my Dension - $280 and half a day.

Sounds like a deal - I got mine from Bumperplugs.com for $500.

Cheers,Cam...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kevin;

Mobile soution got mine in - those guys are great.......nice 430 in there while i was there.

Works great and they were very informed and helpful - Service oriented company.

I would definitly recommend. Sound is great. As good a CD's or better.

Cheers, Cam....

Cam:

I've decided to install a new head unit, with Nav...likely the Pioneer AVIC-X920BT. Will go to Mobile Solution. Everyone I've talked with who has had them do an install has recommended them. A good track record. Plus they support the Wild Rose Region.

I saw that 430 when I was in there as well. What a beauty! I bet there isn't another audio shop in western Canada with one of those in their showroom!

All the best.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

I will also give a thumbs up to Mobile Solutions. Larry knows his stuff. I haven't approached them about replacing the stereo in my 997, but I did have them replace the complete system in my 4Runner (Toyota factory stereos are... um... weak. IMHO anyway) and they did a great job. Very attentive to detail with the install and the resulting sound is amazing.

I do have the Dension in my Porsche (self installed - it is easy) and the sound is good (as good as the factory stereo can sound anyway), but as Jim noted, the controls are a bit quirky. Or maybe a lot quirky.

Have fun choosing the components.

John