Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Porsche Parade 2020 Palm Springs June 21-27

How many people think that they might go?

Here is a link: https://www.pca.org/event/2019-08-14...0-palm-springs

If Wild Rose Region has a good turn out we have a chance to win the PCA President's Cup trophy.

The Parade is based at the La Quinta Resort & Club in La Quinta, one of the cities in the Coachella valley in California.

WRR Executive - President Yvette's Avatar
    We are 95% positive that we are going, just for the event though planning to arrive Saturday June 20 and will likely start heading home Saturday June 27.
    Thanks Martin for putting the feelers out
    Yvette & Mark

We are travelling in a group of 12 to attend parade. So darn excited!!

If my car is ready in time I would love to join for the drive down/back. My Aunt and Uncle live in Palm Desert 15 mins away from the event so would crash at their place.. This would be an amazing adventure and my first Parade fingers crossed I can come.

85 944/1 Guards Red
    88 924S Guards Red “SOLD”
    90 944S2 coupe Zyclam Red Pearl Effect “SOLD”
    90 944S2 coupe Guards Red “PARTS CAR”

WRR Committee - Newsletter Editor KevinJ's Avatar
    Hi Mike! Great to read you might be going to your first Parade. You'll love it. Don't forget to bring Stephanie when you go!
    08 Boxster RS60
    11 Volvo XC70

Mike it should be a good time. The road trip itself will be part of the adventure. It is worth the effort to see if you can join Danielle or Yvette's groups.

Christina and I drove to the Portland Parade with Danielle some years ago and we really enjoyed the trip.

Christina and I are attending the Riverside Region (RsR) year end event in a bit over a week and will get an idea of some of the events and cool drives that are in the works.

Martin

Hello,

I just posted my questions in a different section and just saw this thread. Sorry for the duplication, but my post was as follows:

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

I was wondering if I could ask for some advice. I believe I’m going to drive my Boxster 718 GTS down to Palm Springs in June to attend the “Porsche Parade”. I’ve never attended one of the "Parades" before and was wondering if any members have could offer any advice? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ian

I'd be interested in driving down there, but somewhat nervous about the overnight stops and leaving the 930 outside at various places and especially Palm Springs - it does to fairly warm there! Appreciate any feedback and if anyone looking to go as a group.

The group we're travelling in has a maximum of 12 people and is full.
    Perhaps another keener can arrange a group trip for others and we'll all meet up in Palm Springs.

To prevent excessive heat when parked in Palm Springs, we are bringing a car cover.

I recall the good times we had at Spokane Parade, can't wait for a repeat of the fun adventures. Around 20-25 WRR members attended, more was certainly merrier! The total attendance was around 2,500 people.

My piece of advice would be to attend the first 5 days. It's not necessary to stay the whole week, although we did in Spokane just to try out the whole thing. My highlight of the week was the Gimmick rally (usually occurs on Thursdays). Don't pack your schedule too full or you'll get exhausted, there's so much to see & do but a little downtime is a good thing.

Nightly gathering of WRR members sharing stories of the day's adventures at Spokane Parade 2017
    Name:  IMG_7795.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  141.5 KB

Literally a sea of Porsches:
    Name:  IMG_7917.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  142.4 KB