Exhaust opinions needed

Paul

My last post seemingly garnered many views, thank you. Apparently nobody is currently running this system here. After much research and countless hours of self discussion I have somehow narrowed it down to two choices, the stress is real people!

Now for the interactive part. Please review the two videos below and let me know your thoughts. One system is louder than the other and need to figure out if it is to loud ( if that’s even possible )! I am not concerned about the neighbours, I am also not concerned about the wife ( for this anyway)! Slightly concerned about in town driving

Both systems have no drone at cruising speed. Number 2 is louder, crisper, racier?? Number 1 seems deeper in tone. I know it’s difficult to judge sound from videos but do not want to repeat the process of three exhaust systems on my previous car

‘12 Targa 4S - Amythist metallic

'81 SC Targa - sold but not forgotten

KMR 968 Turbo
My last post seemingly garnered many views, thank you. Apparently nobody is currently running this system here. After much research and countless hours of self discussion I have somehow narrowed it down to two choices, the stress is real people!

Now for the interactive part. Please review the two videos below and let me know your thoughts. One system is louder than the other and need to figure out if it is to loud ( if that’s even possible )! I am not concerned about the neighbours, I am also not concerned about the wife ( for this anyway)! Slightly concerned about in town driving

Both systems have no drone at cruising speed. Number 2 is louder, crisper, racier?? Number 1 seems deeper in tone. I know it’s difficult to judge sound from videos but do not want to repeat the process of three exhaust systems on my previous car

Exhaust sound is so personal. What one likes another will dislike. I personnally like the Kreissieg exhaust. They have a valve you can switch that makes it go from quiet mode to loud mode. Best of both worlds. But not cheap.

If you want my opinion I like the louder/race car sound more. But not everyone wants to surprise pedestrians on the street like I do. :)

Thanks Eric. I know it is always up to personal taste but thought I’d get some opinions to make this decision even more confusing

I have looked at many companies, such as Kline, Kreissieg, and others. Although the two options posted are not cheap, they are not over the top pricey either! Need to keep some funds for tires, etc.

‘12 Targa 4S - Amythist metallic

'81 SC Targa - sold but not forgotten

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

The system in video #2 definitely sounds a fair bit louder and if it was me I might be concerned about the volume over time as I daily drive my car... but that's just my two cents without having done any real research on systems for naturally aspirated cars. From what I do know, I think there are many options to make the NA cars can be made to sound amazing versus the vacuum cleaner tendencies of the turbo cars.

I deliberated/agonized over the same "which exhaust should I get" decision last fall for our 997.1TT and ended going with a Speedtech 2.5" catted x-pipe system after exchanging many emails and a couple of phone calls with John Demetry at Speedtech (he was great BTW). Here's a link the same essential system on a 996TT:

The new system is currently sitting on my garage floor waiting for me to make time to install it one of these weekends... happy to let you take a look if you wanted to inspect quality, fit & finish, etc. - which seems top notch in my opinion.

Dion

'07 911 Turbo 6 speed

Black/Black, 98k kms

'09 Cayenne Turbo S Tiptronic

Lava Grey Metallic/Black, 155k kms