Self Isolation

stevew

KMR 968 Turbo
Keep it clean.....that sounds like a Yoon-ism. I imagine him looking at his collection of brushes and soaps getting ready to scrub every nook and cranny of that 911 during this self quarantine.
Keith Adams
Working, working, worrying, working more. That's about it. 3 teenagers at home that are trying to deal with all this too amongst a lot of uncertainty. The icing on the cake is I stubbed my f&*$ing toe and broke it yesterday. So that's turned a lovely shade of purple, but no way I am going to COVID central to get a dumb X-ray.

I can't stop thinking: "What a time to be alive..."

So life hasn't changed much at home since we're here all the time anyways, but the hit to the social life is quite staggering. I'm using this time to let out the hidden hermit in me.

Thoroughly enjoying Netflix, computer games, Netflix, computer games, Netflix, computer games, Netflix, computer games.

And I try not to think about the world's economic future. Yikes. Head in the sand...

Working, working, worrying, working more. That's about it. 3 teenagers at home that are trying to deal with all this too amongst a lot of uncertainty. The icing on the cake is I stubbed my f&*$ing toe and broke it yesterday. So that's turned a lovely shade of purple, but no way I am going to COVID central to get a dumb X-ray.

When I broke mine they taped the broken toe to the one beside it! That was it. Good luck.

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Having returned last Wednesday from Palm Springs - we've been in isolation since our return. However we have been out walking our Golden Retriever, watching Netflix and Amazon Prime. Also playing around with Photoshop CC - I took a photo of a baby blue 911 and revised the colours on it using masking and other tools. Then changed it from a photo to a graphic. Attached is a copy for your viewing pleasure or not.

3 Porsches Poster.pdf

3 Porsches Poster.jpg

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

That's cool Kevin - reminiscent of some of the more psychedelic Porsche print ads from back in the day! Lots to do at work, albeit remotely. In the middle of moving to a new place with a massive garage, so if I can get the 911 home, maybe I can chip away at some nagging projects in my down time. Trying not to drink all my wine and whiskey and eat all my snacks in the first couple weeks - and failing miserably. Videoconferencing with colleagues, family and friends, trying to stay in touch. And, of course, taking Charlie for walks in his new neighbourhood.

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Have to keep the telecom networks operational so work work work...........the massive traffic is a true test to all providers.

other than work Im prepping for the driving season by charging batteries, checking all fluid levels, tyre pressures etc..........if the weather warms more then installation laps will be in order!

stay healthy folks :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Gov't has deemed that I'm "essential", (funny, it never feels that way at contract renewal time-lol)...so off to work I go. Not complaining in the least, as many are not in control of their circumstances, but I do have a lot of recipe cards that need organizing...

Welcome back Kevin. We are also back from the desert. I like the artwork as well.

We are walking the dog, cleaning the house, doing some writing and cleaning the garage. I am prepping for courses I teach next month and need to learn to use new conferencing software since classes are all now online.

Christina slipped on the ice and broke her wrist so is slowed down as well as housebound.

Stay healthy and happy everyone.

Keep it clean.....that sounds like a Yoon-ism. I imagine him looking at his collection of brushes and soaps getting ready to scrub every nook and cranny of that 911 during this self quarantine.

Surprisingly I haven't gotten around to that yet or even touched the car in the past 10 days or so, but it is on the To-Do List. Though if the current situation keeps up until summer, the car may not be around :-( according to the wife haha. This is one of those rare moments where I wish I was a simple salary man instead of a small business owner facing a grim reality with a federal government that doesn't seem to care.

Hope you can hang in there Yoon - there are some claims being made around relief for small business, so here's hoping that comes to pass and that this all blows over sooner rather than later.

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Thanks, yes, staying positive & hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

On a positive note if you've already gone through your Netflix library for the second time, here's something a bit more physically active than just walking the dog but it's not too challenging. This is an unlisted video & not really primed for public distribution as I quickly made it just for some of my students but wanted to share it with WRR members. My 4x4 Family Fitness Routine.

Welcome back Kevin. We are also back from the desert. I like the artwork as well.

We are walking the dog, cleaning the house, doing some writing and cleaning the garage. I am prepping for courses I teach next month and need to learn to use new conferencing software since classes are all now online.

Christina slipped on the ice and broke her wrist so is slowed down as well as housebound.

Stay healthy and happy everyone.

Hi:

Sorry to read about Christine's wrist! When I take the dog for a walk in Kensington I am amazed with the lack of traffic and people. Most a staying home which well help us all. Take care.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Thanks, yes, staying positive & hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

On a positive note if you've already gone through your Netflix library for the second time, here's something a bit more physically active than just walking the dog but it's not too challenging. This is an unlisted video & not really primed for public distribution as I quickly made it just for some of my students but wanted to share it with WRR members. My 4x4 Family Fitness Routine.

Thanks Yoon. Nice to see your belt matches your black clothing! ;)

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 2 weeks later...

The push-up; an oldie but a goodie. Still one of the best upper body exercises if done correctly & properly.

There 100's of ways to do a push-up. Here's my Top 10 go-to push-up variations to challenge my students.

Been working from home for 5 weeks now, man do I miss dinners out! March was a scramble helping all our clients setup security, VPN's and working from home methods, but now it's meetings, meetings, and more meetings. Thank goodness for Call of Duty to get my frustrations out :)

I wish the weather was nicer so I could start prepping the Cayman for the spring and swapping the wheels on the Panamera. Both need oil changes. Now I'm wishing I had that heater in the garage...

Bob James

06 Cayman S

2018 Macan GTS

it was a Thurs and the weather was nice for that day:

jeffs car.jpg

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic