Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Isolation

Self Isolation

Just wondering what everyone is doing during this period of self isolation due to COVID 19? Keep it clean! 🤣

Aside from working from home?
    Painting my helmet, dreaming of track days
    2015 Cayman S

Keep it clean.....that sounds like a Yoon-ism. I imagine him looking at his collection of brushes and soaps getting ready to scrub every nook and cranny of that 911 during this self quarantine.

Working, working, worrying, working more. That's about it. 3 teenagers at home that are trying to deal with all this too amongst a lot of uncertainty. The icing on the cake is I stubbed my f&*$ing toe and broke it yesterday. So that's turned a lovely shade of purple, but no way I am going to COVID central to get a dumb X-ray.

I can't stop thinking: "What a time to be alive..."

So life hasn't changed much at home since we're here all the time anyways, but the hit to the social life is quite staggering. I'm using this time to let out the hidden hermit in me.

Thoroughly enjoying Netflix, computer games, Netflix, computer games, Netflix, computer games, Netflix, computer games.

And I try not to think about the world's economic future. Yikes. Head in the sand...

WRR Committee - Newsletter Editor KevinJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Adams View Post
    Working, working, worrying, working more. That's about it. 3 teenagers at home that are trying to deal with all this too amongst a lot of uncertainty. The icing on the cake is I stubbed my f&*$ing toe and broke it yesterday. So that's turned a lovely shade of purple, but no way I am going to COVID central to get a dumb X-ray.
    When I broke mine they taped the broken toe to the one beside it! That was it. Good luck.
    08 Boxster RS60
    11 Volvo XC70

WRR Committee - Newsletter Editor KevinJ's Avatar
    Having returned last Wednesday from Palm Springs - we've been in isolation since our return. However we have been out walking our Golden Retriever, watching Netflix and Amazon Prime. Also playing around with Photoshop CC - I took a photo of a baby blue 911 and revised the colours on it using masking and other tools. Then changed it from a photo to a graphic. Attached is a copy for your viewing pleasure or not.

3 Porsches Poster.pdf

Name:  3 Porsches Poster.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  161.9 KB
    Last edited by KevinJ; 03-21-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    08 Boxster RS60
    11 Volvo XC70

That's cool Kevin - reminiscent of some of the more psychedelic Porsche print ads from back in the day! Lots to do at work, albeit remotely. In the middle of moving to a new place with a massive garage, so if I can get the 911 home, maybe I can chip away at some nagging projects in my down time. Trying not to drink all my wine and whiskey and eat all my snacks in the first couple weeks - and failing miserably. Videoconferencing with colleagues, family and friends, trying to stay in touch. And, of course, taking Charlie for walks in his new neighbourhood.
    Erik

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke
    2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Looks like a Ramblin’ Rose cover shot Kevin!

Have to keep the telecom networks operational so work work work...........the massive traffic is a true test to all providers.

other than work Im prepping for the driving season by charging batteries, checking all fluid levels, tyre pressures etc..........if the weather warms more then installation laps will be in order!

stay healthy folks
    '93 928 GTS 5 speed
    Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic
    Nordic Gold/Black, +280k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)