Cars and Coffee 2020?

JT997TT

Does anyone have any intel on when or if the Tuesday evening Cars and Coffee will potentially start up again this year?

Seems like it could be managed in a social distanced way if people were responsible.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Ugh. Makes sense though I guess.

They should consider a "must stay in your car" type meet up even and just see how that goes. Could all park facing outwards to see everything, drive around a bit etc. I know in some ways would be weird, but I would just like to see some other nice cars in one spot again!

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

No opportunity to do a smaller / unofficial event?

Probably a fine idea. I mean if people are acting reasonably and attending unofficially and at their own risk it seems like something that would be totally doable. Easy to keep the recommended distance with a smaller group in a parking lot and I see outdoor gatherings under 200 people are now officially allowed. I might even suggest the old Cars and Coffee location at the Garrison Woods Safeway where there is good access, a coffee shop and Village Ice Cream nearby.

Maybe we watch for a nice looking forecast and put out a feeler on here to see if there would be sufficient interest. And sufficient for me would be more than 2 or 3 cars - haha. Fingers crossed.

Jim

I'd be game. I feel like I don't have any reason to drive anymore - not even the morning commute. Just work on/look at cars these days.

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Ok, short notice I know, but today looking like the best weather day we’ve seen in a long while. Anyone up for a super casual meet up at the old cars and coffee location at the SE corner of the Garrison Woods Safeway parking lot around 7/7:30? Nice night for a cruise hopefully.

Maybe reply here If you can make it so we know if we have at least a few cars!

FYI, Stampede fireworks show at 11pm tonight as well.

Please be respectful of social distance and personal space at all times.

Edited by JT997TT

Jim

Ok, short notice I know, but today looking like the best weather day we’ve seen in a long while. Anyone up for a super casual meet up at the old cars and coffee location at the SE corner of the Garrison Woods Safeway parking lot around 7/7:30? Nice night for a cruise hopefully.

I believe I am good for around 7:30 tonight.

Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

• 2 weeks later...

would anyone be interested in an unofficial meet up with a new member at the old cars and coffee location this Tuesday 7 or 7:30 but open to other times as well

Joe

2015 911 C4S white on espresso/cognac

Great idea and hopefully some others chime in. I will unfortunately be away for a couple weeks but am up for something when back!

Good luck and enjoy this weather regardless.

Jim

I could probably make it this Tuesday (July 14th) evening... it even looks like the weather might cooperate according to the current forecast.

'07 911 Turbo 6 speed

Black/Black, 98k kms

'09 Cayenne Turbo S Tiptronic

Lava Grey Metallic/Black, 155k kms

Great idea and hopefully some others chime in. I will unfortunately be away for a couple weeks but am up for something when back!

Good luck and enjoy this weather regardless.

No worries Jim. Hope it’s a good couple weeks for work or vacation

Joe

I could probably make it this Tuesday (July 14th) evening... it even looks like the weather might cooperate according to the current forecast.

I can definitely be there and maybe one or two others can be convinced

Joe

I can't make it but my brother will definitely attend. I'll let him know.

Just to clarify, by old location you mean the Safeway in Marda Loop.

Are we thinking 7 or 7:30?

It will be my first time going there but in previous posts I see the SE corner of the Garrison Woods Safeway parking lot. Is this the same location you are referring to Josh? Sounds like there is an ice cream place and coffee shop there.

Im good for 7 if you guys are.

Joe

It will be my first time going there but in previous posts I see the SE corner of the Garrison Woods Safeway parking lot. Is this the same location you are referring to Josh? Sounds like there is an ice cream place and coffee shop there.

Im good for 7 if you guys are.

That is exactly where. Village ice cream has unbelievable ice cream and is a short 1 min stroll (highly recommend the “melted chocolate”). Coffee shop will be in your sight from parking area. Crowchild/ Glenmore are great access roads for most, almost no matter what direction you are coming from.

Jim

7 sounds great. As for getting more to attend a new thread could be started and it may attract the attention of a few more.

Joe

I will drop by for sure, looks like a nice night for it.

991.2 GT3, Mexico Blue

993 C4S, Stone Grey Metallic

1993 America Roadster, Black (for now)

2021 Taycan 4S, Chalk

Past

997.2 Turbo, Meteor Grey

2017 Macan GTS, White

991.2 GTS, Carmine Red

2020 Macan GTS, Chalk

I am in - can folks confirm where we are meeting?

Thanks

2425 34 Ave SW

Calgary

garrison woods Safeway se corner

Joe