Non PCA/WRR Track Day at Area 27

KevinJ

August Luxury Motor Cars from Kelowna is having another track day at Area 27 in Oliver, BC. September 11, 2020.

Cost starts at $700. If you do not have a helmet you can rent one from them for $20 per day.

There are three run groups. Novice, intermediate and Advanced. Each group starts the day with follow the leader to learn the course. After the first session advanced and intermediate runs are without an instructor leader. Novice generally will have an instructor/ leader all day which is a great learning opportunity!

Taking your Porsche to a great track such as Area 27 where you can receive instruction on learning the racing line and becoming comfortable with speed is a great way to increase your skills behind the wheel.

I am signed up. I will be drive out on the 10 and returning on the 12. Hotel to be decided.

These events sell out so sign up ASAP!

Kevin

area-27-track-days

Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

• 1 month later...
Hi Kevin, I'm signed up along with a lot of other track/autocross people as well. I'm staying at Spirit but lots are staying at Watermark as well because they have underground parking. I may be out there earlier to "watch" and crew the 888 event on the 10th.

Paul T

991.2 Turbo S

991.2 GT3

Thanks Paul. Glad to know you are going!

I've booked a room at the Watermark. Usually I stay at Spirit Ridge but was not impressed with the food last time - likely lack of kitchen staff was the cause.

Are you driving out? Maybe drive together? PM me.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

I won't be able to join for work reasons. I just got back from the 2.5 days driving academy though, and it was a great experience. The instructors were great and I learned a lot.

I hope to be able to go back next year now that I somewhat know the proper line :)

Have fun!

I won't be able to join for work reasons. I just got back from the 2.5 days driving academy though, and it was a great experience. The instructors were great and I learned a lot.

I hope to be able to go back next year now that I somewhat know the proper line :)

Have fun!

could you share any details of the academy or a website to get more information on the academy please

Joe

2015 911 C4S white on espresso/cognac

could you share any details of the academy or a website to get more information on the academy please

You can find information about the driving academy there: https://www.area27.ca/academy-27/

Note that there are 2 versions:

- the Camaro Driving Academy

- the Driving Academy

The second one happens only once a year, and you need to bring your own car. The Camaro academy is held multiple times during summer, and I think there will be another one this year.

The only difference is the vehicles, the program itself is the same. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the info

Joe,

I unfortunately can't make October 6th work for the last one day driving experience on the Area 27 Driving Academy 2020 calendar, but we should look at signing up for one early next season if it works on some of your days off. I'll take a couple PTO's or something...

Cheers,

Dion

'07 911 Turbo 6 speed

Black/Black, 98k kms

'09 Cayenne Turbo S Tiptronic

Lava Grey Metallic/Black, 155k kms

Sounds like a plan. I won’t be able to make it this season either. There may also be potential opportunities at the Rocky Mountain Motorsports track near cross field. Construction has started.

Joe

2015 911 C4S white on espresso/cognac