1981 928 For Sale in Calgary

derry

2 weeks ago, we might have had a deal. Bought a 1989 928GT instead, for a lot more money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Tell your friends Perci! Shame.

I will. When was the timing belt last done? How good are your service records. How is the interior? All the electrics work?

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

Per Perci comments re maintenance; timing belt/gears and water pump, fuel lines, a/c, pwr strg lines.

Nice colour, guards red?

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

I've had the car 5 years. I have not replaced any of those items. Had the car inspected when purchased, and had the fluids changed out.

I can check the records I have to see if they were done in the past. There are no leaks in any of those lines that I am aware of.

The interior is in good shape, as you can see from the photos on auto trader. The leather dash covering has pulled away a bit from the defog vent, but it's not that noticeable due to the dash being the same colour as the leather (black).

Happy for you to take it for a drive and have it checked out if you're interested, you can also look at the records I have.

As stated in the body text of my first post, the electrics all work but some of the gauges are wacky (amps, oil pressure, fuel (less so)). The rest works.

Per Perci comments re maintenance; timing belt/gears and water pump, fuel lines, a/c, pwr strg lines.

Nice colour, guards red?

Malcolm, the website says you have exceeded you maximum private messages when I tried to reply to your pm.

Here’s what I tried to send...

I don’t actually know the name of the PO, it was brokered through a friend. Car is Slate Grey on black leather. I know the PO also has a GTS if that’s a clue.

Amusingly there is another 928 here in Merritt, an S4, almost identical with a VIN 220 apart. His was built in January 89 and mine March 30. There is a third 928S, but it has not been looked after, although the owner says it runs.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

thanks Perci, popular guy in some respects, Ive now cleared out some of my very old PMs!

Grey on black, I dont believe I know the car. I assume its Canadian car and you bought it in BC? I know of a Blue GT that came in from Japan.....it needed a 'little' work that I was glad to provide.

Im also not familiar with a GTS in BC that is a true Canadian car, I do know there were some US cars in the Van area.......very intersting! :)

FYI.......Porsche designated all cars destined to North America as US cars back then albeit there are many diiferences between Canadian and US sold 928s

Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)