Join Today

1981 928 For Sale in Calgary - V8 front engine fun!

I've got a 1981 928 for sale. It's posted on autotrader (more photos there) and Carfax below:

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/...howcpo=ShowCPO

https://vhr.carfax.ca/main?id=wPy6IX+l7bxMnKhXSBwTpoUIDlhPZgOG

128k, PS, PB, AT, RWD

True survivor 928! Asking $12,500.00, offers considered. I love this car, but just don't have the time or space for it. This is not a must sell situation, but I will let it go to the right buyer for the right price.

This car is a great summer driver or a perfect candidate for a concours restoration by another collector. I am the 4th owner. This is a Calgary bought and delivered Porsche, which appears to have only ever been summer driven by its owners. It has repair papers dating to the time of purchase and all original manuals. Paint is original. Original factory decals still under the hood. Original spare and hardware. Original factory replacement fan belt with factory tag. Plastic factory interior covers are in the trunk. Starts and runs, really well. This touring car loves the highway!

Details: Automatic Transmission. PW, PB, PS, original Blaupunkt tape deck in working order. Working flip headlights with wash kit and fog lights. Burns no oil that I can tell. Exhaust in good shape and sounds great. Glass in good shape. Black leather interior (original) in good shape. Wipers work. All lights work.

The nits: One small gasket related oil leak that I haven't fixed. Small amount of paint damage to right front fender (see photo). Right rear view mirror needs a minor repair (see photo). Some of the gauges can be a bit wacky (amps, oil pressure and fuel to be exact) at times. Odometer, Speedometer and Tachometer work well.

+7

Last edited by derry; 08-05-2020 at 08:37 PM.

2 weeks ago, we might have had a deal. Bought a 1989 928GT instead, for a lot more money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S
    2000 Boxster S
    2000 Carrera
    2010 Panamera 4S
    1989 928GT

Tell your friends Perci! Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by derry View Post
    Tell your friends Perci! Shame.
    I will. When was the timing belt last done? How good are your service records. How is the interior? All the electrics work?

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S
    2000 Boxster S
    2000 Carrera
    2010 Panamera 4S
    1989 928GT

Per Perci comments re maintenance; timing belt/gears and water pump, fuel lines, a/c, pwr strg lines.

Nice colour, guards red?
    '93 928 GTS 5 speed
    Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic
    Nordic Gold/Black, +300k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

I've had the car 5 years. I have not replaced any of those items. Had the car inspected when purchased, and had the fluids changed out.

I can check the records I have to see if they were done in the past. There are no leaks in any of those lines that I am aware of.

The interior is in good shape, as you can see from the photos on auto trader. The leather dash covering has pulled away a bit from the defog vent, but it's not that noticeable due to the dash being the same colour as the leather (black).

Happy for you to take it for a drive and have it checked out if you're interested, you can also look at the records I have.

As stated in the body text of my first post, the electrics all work but some of the gauges are wacky (amps, oil pressure, fuel (less so)). The rest works.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    Per Perci comments re maintenance; timing belt/gears and water pump, fuel lines, a/c, pwr strg lines.

Nice colour, guards red?
    Malcolm, the website says you have exceeded you maximum private messages when I tried to reply to your pm.

Hereís what I tried to send...

I donít actually know the name of the PO, it was brokered through a friend. Car is Slate Grey on black leather. I know the PO also has a GTS if thatís a clue.

Amusingly there is another 928 here in Merritt, an S4, almost identical with a VIN 220 apart. His was built in January 89 and mine March 30. There is a third 928S, but it has not been looked after, although the owner says it runs.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S
    2000 Boxster S
    2000 Carrera
    2010 Panamera 4S
    1989 928GT

thanks Perci, popular guy in some respects, Ive now cleared out some of my very old PMs!

Grey on black, I dont believe I know the car. I assume its Canadian car and you bought it in BC? I know of a Blue GT that came in from Japan.....it needed a 'little' work that I was glad to provide.

Im also not familiar with a GTS in BC that is a true Canadian car, I do know there were some US cars in the Van area.......very intersting!

FYI.......Porsche designated all cars destined to North America as US cars back then albeit there are many diiferences between Canadian and US sold 928s
    Last edited by malcolm; 07-16-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    '93 928 GTS 5 speed
    Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic
    Nordic Gold/Black, +300k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)