Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vermillion Crossing Drive - July 25, 2020

This trip will end at Vermillion Crossing, about 40km past the Castle Mountain Junction (on Highway 93 towards Radium). There will be a short hike (1.4km) at Marble Canyon which is about 15 minutes before Vermillion Crossing.
    Although this is currently billed as a bring-your-own picnic lunch, we're working on arrangements with Kootenay Park Lodge (located at Vermillion Crossing) to provide us with a covid-friendly outdoor lunch. For this we'll need an accurate count of participants. Will provide update asap.

Map to be attached.

Rough itinerary:
    Meet at Starbucks - Country Hills Blvd/Royal Oak Centre - 08:00
    Leave Starbucks - 08:30
    Grotto Canyon Trailhead (just past Exshaw on hwy 1A) - 09:30 - 10:00
    Marble Canyon - walk - 11:00 - 11:45
    Vermillion Crossing, lunch - 12:00 - 13:30
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just received confirmation from Kootenay Park Lodge that they will provide a variety of sandwiches, baking, snacks/sides and drinks (coffee, water, pop etc). 19$ a person. This will be set up buffet style outside on the lodge patio, table etc set up out doors.

We will need a firm count and lunch commitment from participants

Thanks.
    2018 991.2 GTS
    2018 Cayenne
    1989 Carrera 3.2

Do you know if they can accommodate a gluten allergy menu?

Thanks for checking George. We've decided to bring our own food due to allergy and we feel more comfortable handling our own food right now, based on last week's provincial pandemic numbers.

Thanks Ian, I understand. I'm still waiting on the reply from the lodge.

ok, looking like great attendance. I paid deposit for 20 lunches and we'll have another 6 folks bringing their own.

WRR Committee - Newsletter Editor KevinJ's Avatar
    Thanks for organizing the drive George!

Kevin
    08 Boxster RS60
    11 Volvo XC70

I appreciate you organizing this, George! Looking forward to it. A buddy of mine, that just joined the club, is taking his new-to-him Boxster S on the drive as well. Looking forward to meeting more of you as we're just getting "more into" the club activities.