Vermillion Crossing Drive - July 25, 2020

GeorgeC

This trip will end at Vermillion Crossing, about 40km past the Castle Mountain Junction (on Highway 93 towards Radium). There will be a short hike (1.4km) at Marble Canyon which is about 15 minutes before Vermillion Crossing.

Although this is currently billed as a bring-your-own picnic lunch, we're working on arrangements with Kootenay Park Lodge (located at Vermillion Crossing) to provide us with a covid-friendly outdoor lunch. For this we'll need an accurate count of participants. Will provide update asap.

Map to be attached.

Rough itinerary:

Meet at Starbucks - Country Hills Blvd/Royal Oak Centre - 08:00

Leave Starbucks - 08:30

Grotto Canyon Trailhead (just past Exshaw on hwy 1A) - 09:30 - 10:00

Marble Canyon - walk - 11:00 - 11:45

Vermillion Crossing, lunch - 12:00 - 13:30

Starbucks to Vermilion Crossing, BC - Google Maps.pdf

Just received confirmation from Kootenay Park Lodge that they will provide a variety of sandwiches, baking, snacks/sides and drinks (coffee, water, pop etc). 19$ a person. This will be set up buffet style outside on the lodge patio, table etc set up out doors.

We will need a firm count and lunch commitment from participants

Thanks for checking George. We've decided to bring our own food due to allergy and we feel more comfortable handling our own food right now, based on last week's provincial pandemic numbers. :)
I appreciate you organizing this, George! Looking forward to it. A buddy of mine, that just joined the club, is taking his new-to-him Boxster S on the drive as well. Looking forward to meeting more of you as we're just getting "more into" the club activities.
Look forward to seeing you there. There may be additional lunches available at the lodge. By the way, just noticed that the Starbucks address for the starting location is inside a Sobeys. The Starbucks where we will actually meet is about a block south, just off Country Hills Blvd.

It felt so great to get out & drive!

I got to put on more km's on the car today than I have the last 5 months combined!

(hence the eagerness to exercise the skinny pedal & purge the stale gas haha) Hopefully it didn't alarm some of the new members haha.

Thanks for organizing George!

Marci and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive out to Kootenay Park Lodge yesterday. The short hike up to the top of Marble Canyon was well worth it.

To bad 1A between Banff and Castle Junction was closed, that would have made what was a great drive even better.

Thanks for a great day, and thank you George for organizing the event...

Vermillion Crossing_JPEG, Jul25_20.jpg