Key not recognized .... keeps going off

peddler

Hello.* *My Cayenne S* started messaging " key not recognized".* *It opens, starts, runs,* *but the message keeps going off evey 10 to 30 seconds while driving ( driving me nuts)* *I replaced the batteries with new Energizer batteries,* *I tried putting it in the start slot and removing the dummy key,* No phone on, nothing blocking the fob.* * *Just would like to see if there is a self reset I can do before dropping it at the dealer and waiting apx 2 weeks of more before they can get it in.* * *I have one original key fob* and one new key fod ( purchased and programmed by Porsche a few months ago )* both give the same message while driving,* * usually takes about 15 or so seconds after starting before it starts to continually go off with the warning.

2011 Porsche Cayenne S* * 157,000 KMS* *

any suggestions or ideas to try would be appreciated.* * Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Odd thing you can try that worked for me. Get both your keys(I also had a key from my Golf) and go for a short drive. You should get a message about too many keys in the car. Next time it was started the key not recognized was gone. It was the trip to the dealer to get this checked where it cured itself.[emoji2957]

It looks like the KESSY used by Porsche and VW come from the same supplier. I was not able to prove to myself that my VW key was a cause.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

how old is the main Cayenne battery? any other minor electrical problems?

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)