Family event! Tuesday August 18th

scocoa911

Please join us for our first Porsches and Pooches Picnic. This is a family event and Porsches and pets are NOT required - it is just a catchy name. Please sign up on the Events tab. Our picnic site is limited to 50 people.

We’re hosting our first Porsches and Pooches Picnic! Everyone is welcome, whether or not you have a dog and whether or not you bring your Porsche. The main idea is to get together in an informal setting and celebrate the summer weather! Note that this is a family event – everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend.

Details:

We have reserved Picnic Site #2, next to the playground and bordering the Elbow River. It is a short walk from the main parking lot, just below the main playground. Capacity is 50 people.

We have the site reserved from 3:15 to 9:15, so show up when you wish and stay for as long as you want. It looks like it will be a beautiful day to hang out by the river. Likely most people will arrive late afternoon or early evening.

There are several picnic tables, so feel free to bring a picnic, a gas BBQ if you are feeling adventurous, ice cream. No alcohol is permitted on site. If you have camp chairs, please bring those too.

This is an on-leash park for dogs. There is an off-leash river access area about 400m away, across the pedestrian foot bridge.

Parking is in a large paved lot at the bottom of the hill. Don’t park at the top in the River Park parking area (see directions below and map on the events page).

Note that the access road from the top of the hill to the parking lot is gravel and there are a few potholes. If you are careful, your Porsche won’t have any problem but if you have any concerns, bring another vehicle.

Directions: driving east on 50th Ave SW, continue past the River Park parking lot on your left. Make a right turn just past the Emily Follensbee School and continue following 50th Ave as it makes a couple of bends. Just before the dead-end, make a sharp left turn down the hill on the gravel road and proceed to the far end of the parking lot, which will be closest to the picnic site.

We’re looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying a beautiful summer evening by the river.

Sheila Allan and Mark Oliver

2012 911 C4S

I LOVE the idea of involving dogs. Dogs are the BEST!

I asked my dog, Daisy if she's interested in attending. This was her reply:

20200614_191100.jpg

I'll try to convince her it will be fun to come along, but she's a dedicated couch potato.

No promises.

See ya Tuesday!

Thanks for organizing this Mark.

:)

Hi everyone,

Our first Porsches and Pooches event would have to be rated as a moderate success. The setting was great, weather fantastic, participants had a good time, so a big thumbs up from all who made it. Unfortunately, the great weather led to huge crowds at Sandy Beach with consequent parking problems. I know that there are at least some members who navigated the traffic and parking jams and couldn't find parking spots, so turned around and went home. We're sorry that you couldn't join us after your effort to get there.

I think that there is interest to hold another event like this, so we will find a location that doesn't have the same parking issues.

Thanks to everyone who made it and to those who tried.

Sheila Allan and Mark Oliver

2012 911 C4S

On a 33 degree day it seemed like the entire city wanted to go to the beach. I couldn't believe how busy it was for a Tuesday!

Brodie & I had an enjoyable, relaxing evening and look forward to Porches & Pooches round 2.