Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I didn’t see you say you’ve checked the WUR?
    Bob James

79 - 911 SC Sold

06 Cayman S
    2010 Panamera Turbo

Thanks for the reply. To my knowledge, the 3.2 with Motronic doesn't have a warm up regulator, but if I'm wrong please let me know

Your 4 pin connector should be available through these guys https://www.kroonwireharnesses.com/
    They specialize in OEM spec wiring harness for virtually any Porsche. To simplify your replacement you may want the connector with wires already attached. One of our members recently ordered from them and their service is excellent. I would suggest shooting them an email with the pic you provided. They are however located in the Netherlands.

Instead of replacing the entire plug, the damaged female connector pin might be replaceable?
    Marc
    88 Carrera

Thanks Marc. I found a new compatible Bosch 5 pin female connector through finjector.com in Finland and they were excellent to deal with. I ordered it on on Monday evening and received it today (4 day turn around) and they even included a Finnish chocolate bar! I bought 4 connector kits since I was paying for shipping anyway, so if anyone needs one just let me know.

I installed the new connector today and, unfortunately, it did not solve my idle problem. However, I did learn how to replace Bosch instrumentation connectors, so I can add that to my Porsche resume :-) So, I'm still looking for advice on how to solve my problem...

As a reminder, here is a video of a typical cold start to illustrate the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ngq5EGqcc&t=2s
    Last edited by jdoering; 09-03-2020 at 08:59 PM.

I know you’ve replaced the ICV, but have you confirmed that it is working properly? This video (@ 11:00) shows the test procedure for this part. https://youtu.be/MRZG-s_55CU. When I did some preventative maintenance on mine, I first cleaned it out then applied a lubricating penetrating oil to the internals.
    Marc
    88Carrera

I have a spare ICV, let me know Part #, if same you can try it.
    '93 928 GTS 5 speed
    Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic
    Nordic Gold/Black, +300k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T
    Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

Marc - thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I have verified the ICV is actually working and that is a great video demo of the procedure.

Malcom - thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it.

I actually took the car to Riegel Tuning to have them take a look and they suspect the mass air flow meter wiper arm may be worn. This would help explain the idle issue and the fact that the car is very "jerky" when driving at slow speed below 2000 RPM.

Replacing the AFM is quite pricey, so does anyone have any advice on refurbishing the potentiometer contact track and arm? If you've done this it would be great to understand what you did and hear any advice you may have as I'd prefer to refurb the original part and keep it on the car as opposed to replacing it.

Update - I opened the AFM and found the resistive strips for the potentiometer were worn in the idle and low rpm range. I re-tracked the potentiometer, reinstalled the AFM and there was no change to the behaviour.

I've ordered a refurbished AFM so I'll report back once I install it.