997tt CEL code P0021

soto

Hello, I am a new member and the owner of a 2009 997.1TT.

I'm wondering if any club members have had a vario cam fault recently on their 997tt? I am asking advice on a recommendation of a third party shop in Alberta to do some major service to my car.

My turbo has 120k on the odometer and recently flashed a CEL P0021. I have the car at PC Edmonton but they have quoted me and proposed a lengthy overhaul that doesn't include fixes such as the Cam pinning and or Coolant line pinnings. I have read many threads online about how these are recommended permanent 3rd party fixes for this model but they don't seem to be supported or done by factory shops.

I would really like to get the car into a pro shop that will do the right work and give me a comprehensive idea of what should be done for this model and mileage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Soto

KMR 968 Turbo

Welcome to the board. Not sure if many will have info for you here. Sites like 6speedonline and rennlist will likely have much more information. I have a 996TT and have done the coolant line fix after having one blow at the track. I see BBI sells a kit and I think they even do a “send us your parts and we send you back ones welded up”. probably a good idea. If the engine is out I believe there are some oil lines and check valves you should replace while you are in there. They are cheap parts with high labour costs if they fail when the engine is back in. I don’t know much about pinning cam sensors unfortunately.

https://www.bbiautosport.com/products-1/bbi-porsche-9971-turbo-gt2-billet-coolant-pipe-kit