For Sale: 1998 Lexus LS400 - Black on Black, Original Owner

neil4speed

Hi all,

I thought I would post in case someone was looking for a nice vintage luxury car, I am helping a neighbor sell his vehicle. Posting on here for a few days before posting on Autotrader etc. Please text, 403-667-1367 should you be interested.

Selling on behalf of my neighbor, please text should you be interested with your Beyond username. I plan on listing here until the weekend or so before posting it on Autotrader/Kijiji.

Offered for sale is an absolutely stunning and mechanically excellent, 1998 Lexus LS400 with 240,000 kilometers and finished in rare and desirable Black Onyx (3L2) over a complimentary black leather interior.

Delivered new on April 27th, 1998 by Lexus of Calgary (at that time Stampede Lexus Toyota) to the current (original) owner, it was discerningly selected for its desirable color combination, updated design/drivetrain (exclusive to the 98-00 model years), and full option set.

The vehicle cloaked in a gorgeous, factory correct Black Onyx finish that is deep, lustrous and mirror-like, marred only by the most negligible of imperfections, none of which are significant enough to appear in any of the pictures or detract from the car’s considerable overall appeal. It retains its original chrome plated aluminum wheels wrapped in Goodyear Assurance Triple-tread tires with significant tread remaining.

The car’s interior is entirely original and equally as clean, the butter-soft black driver seat exhibiting only mild wear. The tastefully adorned California walnut wood trim throughout the cockpit is in excellent condition and adds to the driver-centric ergonomics. Amazingly, this car still has its "new car smell" that is typical of Lexus vehicles from the 90's.

One would not hesitate getting in this car and driving anywhere on the continent. The car is mechanically strong, exhibiting a silky smoothness and pulling with turbine-line strength. The 1UZ 290hp/300tq 4.0L V8 (released for the first time with this increased power output in this model year) is a joy from behind the wheel, whether tooling around town, winding through the mountains or bombing down the highway. For those considering other LS400's, the updated motor, 5 speed transmission make for a significantly improved driving experience in comparison to previous iterations.

I won't go ad-nauseum into the full options list as any Lexus costing $85,000+ CAD in 1998 is going to come fully loaded, however some more notable ones include:

- (Added Option) California Walnut wood and leather steering wheel and shift knob complimenting matching trim on doors and center console

- Nakamichi Stereo with glove box mounted 6CD changer - this stereo which, even today still sounds sublime and would satisfy even the most discerning audiophile

- Factory HID headlights

- Vehicle Stability Control, ABS, and Traction Control

- Heated Seats, Sunroof/Moonroof, Side Airbags, Dual Zone Climate Control

This is a Garage kept, Non-Smoker/Kids/Pets, accident-free, active title vehicle. It also includes the original tool kit, manuals and both keys. A recently pulled Carfax are available for serious buyers. In the interest of disclosure, the only detracting items worth noting are; the hood struts no longer support the hood, peeling chrome on the alloy wheels, and a small (~1 inch) bubbling on the rear right wheel well.

It's amazing to me that you can get such a special car these days at this price which offers no compromise in power, beauty, reliability, comfort, and practicality. This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a beautiful Lexus that checks all the right boxes for the discerning buyer of a daily driver or weekend enthusiast: low original mileage for the year, gorgeous and desirable color combination and in excellent condition overall. With this all considered, it is not surprising that even today this vehicle receives compliments from strangers at gas stations and red-lights.

I welcome any questions or comments about the vehicle but would request serious inquiries only. The car is available for viewing during evenings and weekends.

Asking $7,500 for the vehicle.

IMG-20201111-132512.jpg

original-e0396487-42f2-4b75-92f5-82da34806ddf-IMG-20201111-132522.jpg

IMG-20201111-WA0007.jpg

original-203b713e-196b-4186-bc06-e4d76c8bade3-IMG-20201111-132322.jpg

IMG-20201111-132610.jpg

IMG-20201111-132549.jpg

IMG-20201111-132629.jpg

Edited by neil4speed