Anodizing

ErikA

Wondering if anyone has a good referral for an anodizing place here in Calgary. I have a few aluminum bits on a project car i need refinished. Any referrals or reviews would be appreciated!

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

Erik - I haven't had anything done by them, but many moons ago, someone told me about Alanco in Okotoks. You now know as much as I do. I couldn't find a website, just a phone # 403-938-4058

Anodizing is a challenge because it's part art, part science. Most places are set up to do "production" anodizing for parts manufacturing, as opposed to odd-jobs. The other reason why it's tough to find a shop to do stuff is that due to the nature of the chemicals and acids used in prepping, your parts can get damaged, so lots of shops won't want to take on that risk. So just a heads up that you may have to be persistent, but report back on what you find.

Wespen Industries here in Calgary, ask for Jim let him know I sent you.

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Thanks all for the recommendations and advice - I'll let you know for sure!

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

• 3 months later...
I ended up visiting Wespen Industries in the end. Not for anodizing, but for zinc plating on a test part. They did an excellent job. Now I need to take a leap of faith and mix all my fasteners into one bucket to get them re-plated. I think with the help of iphone photos and a factory service manual, I should be able to sort it all out after, right? Wish me luck ...

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50